Author Topic: Hello MASM32  (Read 367 times)

jiucenglou

Hello MASM32
« on: July 15, 2017, 11:59:43 PM »
Hi everyone,

I am a novice to Win32 assembly programming. Since programming is a hoppy for me, I only know a little bit about this and that, such as C, Pascal, Java, C#, and Bash and so forth. Assembly has always been a beast to me, but the time has come that I would really like to try to dig deeper. My hope is to learn the fundamentals from sound examples and to grasp the essence of the field. MASM32 is highly recommended in the book that I am reading on Win32 assembly programming, and posts of members in the forum seems to me to be rather knowledgeable and warm-hearted. :lol:

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
Re: Hello MASM32
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 12:13:38 AM »
Welcome to the forum :icon14:

Members here all have a very diverse background, language-wise (Australian, Basic, C, deutsch, english, fran├žais, g++, Haskell, italian, java, ...), so feel at home and enjoy :biggrin:

jiucenglou

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 12:34:57 AM »
Thank you for your kind comments !~ :t :t :greenclp:

It seems that there is no notification for replies of one's topic/post on the forum... :icon_eek:

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 05:10:20 AM »

sinsi

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 05:40:22 AM »
Welcome, jiucenglou

There is no notification
Buttons above the posts on the right?
reply, notify, mark unread, print
I can walk on water but stagger on beer.

felipe

• I love assembly language programming.
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 09:32:15 AM »
Welcome to the forum.  :icon14:

My hope is to learn the fundamentals from sound examples and to grasp the essence of the field.

Try the simple ones first and then increase difficulty.  :t

Felipe.

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 09:49:45 AM »
Buttons above the posts on the right?
reply, notify, mark unread, print

I see only Quote Modify :(

Above and below the thread I see Reply, UNNOTIFY, Mark unread, Print
If that is correct, one could assume that notify is on; but I've never seen one.

HSE

• <AMD>< 7-32>
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 10:20:53 AM »
JJ, you have a very mysterious browser!!

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 10:32:14 AM »
JJ, you have a very mysterious browser!!

Firefox, latest version.

HSE

• <AMD>< 7-32>
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2017, 10:56:21 AM »
Exactly the same. Now I activate the option that notify On automatically when I post.

Later: Only unnotify in this topic. Are you posted in every topic?

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2017, 05:02:13 PM »
Exactly the same. Now I activate the option that notify On automatically when I post.

Later: Only unnotify in this topic. Are you posted in every topic?

What do you mean with "posted in every topic"?

Normally, notify means you get a little email, but I never received one, in spite of these options being ON. There are, however, 100+ pages of "Current Topic Notifications" that I had never noticed before. Looks like a great waste of server space :bgrin:

HSE

• <AMD>< 7-32>
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2017, 12:40:42 AM »
Are you posted in every topic?
Sorry. So slow my english, that I begin the sentence thinking something and I finish it thinking another.  ::)

Have you posted in every topic? (is an explanation if you only see "unnotify"  :biggrin:)

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2017, 12:51:44 AM »
Have you posted in every topic? (is an explanation if you only see "unnotify"  :biggrin:)

Although I try to help if I can, there are topics (and posters) that I deliberately ignore. And you are right, there I see "NOTIFY" :P

But that doesn't explain why "notify ON" does not produce any notification. In other forums it does, and if so, I usually switch it off because my email inbox has better uses.

HSE

• <AMD>< 7-32>
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2017, 01:02:37 AM »
But that doesn't explain why "notify ON" does not produce any notification.

Work perfect here. Check in your profile if  the email is correct, and in your mail if notifications are treated like spam.

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2017, 01:03:35 AM »
 :biggrin:

You should try running a forum, I have to read my way through a mountain of stuff to make sure no crap is posted. Being the admin in a forum is like being the janitor in a building, you sweep the floors, put out the rubbish, boot the occasional moron, keep an eye on the server, try to keep everybody happy and also get some code written. I actually hate the internet and only enjoy writing algorithms and toys that make it easier to write more algorithms and the occasional application that I need.

This much by having the server close to where I live, access is fast and reliable so I can map what is going on to make sure there is no nonsense, imbeciles posting viruses and hacking code and the like. Then there are spam bots that used to try and mass join the forum and still the occasional idiot the joins to post advertising. I did solve the problem of our friends from Indonesia endlessly posting cheap Indonesian made K word cupboards and fittings by changing any incarnation of the K word into insults in Indonesian and wrecking the links they posted.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin: