News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Random word generator.

Started by hutch--, August 23, 2017, 02:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

A testing tool that generates words of characters in random order for among other things testing string sorting algorithms.

LiaoMi

Hello hutch,

Timing >> ranwords output.txt 10000000 4 12 <<
Timing = 32547 ms
Press any key to continue . . .

Different length of words, so it should be? Where can I use a 5-character word for example? It would be cool to have a dictionary generator that compiles long passwords with a small combination of digits. For example

@merican0ldIdols
Y0urd@ilyminicr0ssw0rd

Easy to remember, its hard to make a brute force, you dont need to write anywhere. Even a dictionary attack, if there are manual templates of numbers and symbols, it will be difficult to attack. You can use dictionaries for different languages, Spanish, French, Italian.

hutch--

I am not sure that you have got what the tool is for, its original use was for testing string sorting algorithms where you could make large collections of words to test timings.

I  am not   done    today.
1  2   3     4       5

It is not well suited as a password generator as the only factor for passwords is how long they are, not their character distribution. If you restricted the character range to 0123456789 and made a string from them that was 1 megabyte long, the capacity to brute force it probably does not exist.

LiaoMi

Quote from: hutch-- on August 23, 2017, 08:18:01 PM
I am not sure that you have got what the tool is for, its original use was for testing string sorting algorithms where you could make large collections of words to test timings.

I remembered the recent topic about passwords and it was the cry of the soul  :biggrin: