General > The Campus

About icons.

(1/2) > >>

felipe:
I'm happy to report  :biggrin: that i was able to create and load a small and big icon to a window program  :greensml:. 
Then i tryed, just to see if can be done, to doit with a console program and it work!.   :greensml:
Of course it's great and i'm very happy with that.  :greenclp:
But i'm a curious cat  :P, why it worked if i didn't changed anything in the console program and, of course, there wasn't a function in the console program like LoadIcon or similar, like in a window program?  :redface:

Thanks in advance for your responses  :t

hutch--:
felipe,

The OS will find an icon in an executable file but from memory you can't get a manifest to work from a console app. You can use an RC file to store binary data and unicode strings but I don't think you can set up a version control block from a console app. I personally use console apps just for non UI grunt work so I am not particularly bothered by the stuff they can't do.

jj2007:

--- Quote from: hutch-- on October 02, 2017, 10:24:36 AM ---you can't get a manifest to work from a console app. You can use an RC file to store binary data and unicode strings but I don't think you can set up a version control block from a console app.
--- End quote ---

I don't use it either in console apps but it is possible:

include \masm32\MasmBasic\MasmBasic.inc         ; download
  Init
  Inkey "The application uses ComCtl32.dll version ", ComCtl32$("%i.%i")
EndOfCode

--- Code: ---The application uses ComCtl32.dll version 6.16
--- End code ---

Check also the properties of the attached exe.

For a more detailed example, see this thread.

felipe:
Ok. Thanks.
I want to do other question related to icons:

Is there a way to create an icon with transparent background (to only see the figure of the icon, not in a square) with the tools in the masm32 sdk package, or i have to look for other program to doing that work?

Thanks in advance! :icon14:

felipe:
Btw, thanks a lot!  :biggrin: I'm very new to icons and .rc files.  Also, i hadn't seen the link of the thread pointed to by jj. First i didn't undestand to much what hutch was saying  :biggrin:, but soon as i can i will start to familiarize with manifest, icons and others...

Thank you very much!  :icon14:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version