Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

failurre to run compiled 64 icz examples

Started by mikeburr, October 04, 2017, 03:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeburr

dear Mikl
put an upload on here as thanks ... the show hide routine is fun and theres a list of primes embeded adequate for anyone wanting to find small components of numbers http://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6598.0   The bat etc i already have   just wanted to eliminate as many variables as possible because i want to try and convert the stuff i have here as a major intention
dear awl37
i think youre correct as i used this to try and determine the address space limitations but reached no conclusion other than probably

hutch--

Jose,

You are right until you accidentally use an instruction that the linker rejects unless you turn it off and with /LARGEADDRESSAWARE:NO you say bye bye to allocations larger than 2 gig. The suggestion to always use /LARGEADDRESSAWARE involves not writing instructions that do not work with it.

Mike,
  why cant you and the other knowledgeable people send me roughly the information you think should go in a MASM 64  GUIDE and ill write it in a vaguely coherent form and maybe thatll help the direction of use of 64 so it can be a bit more standardised as it sounds like everybody is trying to do their own thing finding out how best to make use of 64 rather than one cohesive effort

I think I mentioned to you that I don't get paid for writing 64 bit MASM code and to add on top of the massive workload of writing, testing and developing code I simply do not need any more work in preparing data for other people who don't have the experience in doing this stuff. While I have a fair bit of work done in 64 bit MASM, it is still research done the hard way of write/test until you get it up and working, reliable and re-usable. I have in fact produced a help file that has some of the technical data that was developed by the write, test, disassemble but making CHM help files is a tedious task and you have to know what you are doing with the code properly to make the reference material reliable. The only thing worse than making CHM help files is fixing other people's misconceptions, lousy architecture and lack of understanding.

You are more than welcome to do your own research and development and I would hope you succeed but I am not going to waste my time contributing to an ill conceived idea of collectively working with people who have not done enough work to get this stuff up and going. I am going to continue to develop 64 bit MASM and will over time share it with other people. Long ago in the 1990s I worked with a number of people who were under corporate NDAs as well as a number of independent and highly skilled programmers and this got the earliest MASM32 up and going.

aw27

Quote from: hutch-- on October 07, 2017, 09:40:27 PM
The suggestion to always use /LARGEADDRESSAWARE involves not writing instructions that do not work with it.
That's right, this issue can happen in ASM. In HLL, we don't even think about that, we just assume that we can grab as much memory as we want (in theory of course).

Mikl__

Hi, Mike burr!
Your British English language is too arduous for my Google-translator and I not understood "Did I help you or didn't?"

mikeburr

dear mikl
563/5000
к сожалению, это не сработало ... даже не ml64 .. ошибка
enrty point not found .... ucrtbase terminate ...
не удалось найти в dll
api-ms - .. crt-runtime-l1 ...
вероятно, ошибка самосвала ...
но
Я поставил 140 ... dll в старую двоичную область
а также
компиляция затем дала те же результаты, что и использование jwasm64
эта ошибка является проблемой с temphls.inc
ошибка на линии 905 jj предложила возможный путь, но я считаю, что кто-то, вероятно, уже решил эту проблему
Большое спасибо за Вашу помощь
я использовал переводчик Google и держал свои фразы просто
this should read
sadly it would not run ... not even ml64 .. error
enrty point not found .... ucrtbase terminate ...
could not be located in the dll
api-ms-..crt-runtime-l1 ...
probably a dumpbin error ...
but
i put the 140 ...dll's into the old binary area
and
the compilation then gave the same results as using jwasm64
that error being a problem with temphls.inc
an error on line 905  jj has suggested a possible way around but i reckon somebody has probably already solved this problem
thanks so much for your help
i used google translator and kept my phrases simple
BTW  i learnt to phonetically read [but not understand !!] the russian alphabet from the covers of the many Wonderful Vinyl LP's from Melodia featuring the GREAT RUSSIAN COMPOSERS
regards mike b

Mikl__

Hi Mike Burr!
Can you attach the asm-text of the program that you have problems?

mikeburr

Dear Mikl

its not the programs ... this is ML64 itself directly run  eg CMD .. window .... enter ML64 /?  result   ucrtbase.terminate .. [ucrtbase.terminate  can be clearly seen in the image so there is a linkage problem  ] i did wonder whether there was a path problem

i have realised  that the essence of the problem is that i do not understand the relationship between the Intel processor instructions , the compiler [both jwasm and MS] and the code im using
i started to look at Vasily's   Temphls.inc   and having previously thought that the MACROS facilitating the pre-compile were just to beautify the code i got a nasty shock
1)  im working from a knowledge base of practically zero as  i did when i started with the assembler and have just an old Borland Turbo Assembler 3.0 book   and an even   more flimsy knowledge of how a compiler works [and i will lay money that i am not the only one reading this to whom it applies   hence Hutch's wise words ]
so ive started to look at the code for the jwasm compiler [ sadly japeths site appears to have gone but the code is still around ] and probably incorrectly at  Vasily's temphls.inc [where i should look at the 32 bit stuff first]    i got a complete shock ...
the reason for the shock was that i almost never look at code raw after its been compiled BECAUSE I WROTE IT SO I KNOW WHAT ITS DOING [supposedly]
its a lot like knowing about the top of an ice berg ||||
so ... im going to start with the first of your fine examples .. 2a   and reduce vasilys temphls etc till i understand what each of the macros does in temphls ... oddly the enter leave prologue epilogue MACROS later on make more sense than   for example early statements such as untilcond0  textequ <>
i expect itll be a horrible experience and some of the people on this site might be subject to some very stupid questions 
regards   mike b
and thanks so much for your help to date 
just found your page on https://wasm.in/threads/....and its a better explanation than the Iczehelion ones [ which are excellent and very helpfull ]