Author Topic: Windows 8.1  (Read 152 times)

felipe

• assemble the unassembled.
Windows 8.1
« on: November 04, 2017, 01:10:01 PM »
Well, after sometime i can say i'm happy with windows 8.1...  :icon_cool:

At the beginning i was sad for losing windows xp, but now i don't miss it at all.  8)

I tried windows 10 but i hated those unwanted updates... :dazzled:

Anyone else happy with it...?  :redface:

If not, which is your favorite windows version?   :icon_mrgreen:

Felipe.

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
Re: Windows 8.1
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 11:14:03 PM »
I have to suffer Win 10 64 bit as I could not buy anything else. I own one copy of Win7 64 Ultimate but its installed on my older i7 and I could not get another copy. At least with Win 10 you soon learn where all of your options are so that if Microsoft change my settings again as they often do, I can set them back again. For what its worth, the back end of Win10 works well, its the front end and all of the irritations that piss you off but you get faster at fixing it.

You need Spybot Anti-Beacon to turn the telemetry off (a sneaky term for spyware) and I have found that Winaero Tweaker can remove some of the irritations of the front end.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Vortex

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 03:15:43 AM »
Hi felipe,

I prefer Windows 7 and Windows XP. All those eye candy features of Windows 10 are irritating. Also, I don't understand why they introduced the useless metro interface to the last server operating systems Windows Server 2012 and 2016.

felipe

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 07:05:51 AM »
All those eye candy features of Windows 10 are irritating.

Totally agreed.

I have never used a server version, maybe some day. I jumped from xp to 8.1 because it was in the machine that i buyed. Later i updated the 8.1 version to the 10 version, but i didn't like it, mostly for the reason above,but also it was too slow for me (maybe to my machine).
I have used 7 in computers of other people and looks ok.
Felipe.

aw27

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 05:38:34 PM »
Servers use the same codebase of the desktop release. They remove the social networking, music, games and other entertainment crapware, unleash features already present but not available and ask a lot more money.

felipe

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 01:03:55 PM »
Felipe.