Message to All Guests

Main Menu

IO Completion ports tracking multiple completion keys

Started by Frank, November 13, 2017, 02:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: LiaoMi on November 18, 2017, 01:13:30 AM
Hi Frank,

this article will probably help you  ::) https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/10330/A-simple-IOCP-Server-Client-Class

Thank you Liao. Will take a look on it.

aw27

Quote from: Frank on November 18, 2017, 05:50:31 AM
lol. Have you seen somebody post his whole project just for a question?
Take a look at stack overflow.
This isn't a code bank so why the hell would i need to post whole project just because small area doesn't work properly?
That is some bullshit there.
Look for someone to fix at Stackoverflow then. The code is a complete nonsense.
Follow the advice and follow simple tutorials to learn the basics.

jj2007

Quote from: Frank on November 18, 2017, 05:50:31 AMwhy the hell would i need to post whole project just because small area doesn't work properly?

This is forum tradition, Frank: Members want to build the code, insert int 3 in strategic places, and see what's wrong in the debugger. And in general, members are very helpful in chasing bugs. I understand that you don't want to reveal all your secrets, so strip it down to the basics if you can. But just staring at pieces of code will not trigger any response. Really, it's not against you - the request to post "buildable" code is driven purely by practical considerations.
:icon14:

LiaoMi

Quote from: Frank on November 18, 2017, 05:51:42 AM
Quote from: LiaoMi on November 18, 2017, 01:13:30 AM
Hi Frank,

this article will probably help you  ::) https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/10330/A-simple-IOCP-Server-Client-Class

Thank you Liao. Will take a look on it.

you can see another implementation in ObjAsm, files containing the engine

NetCom.asm
NetCom.inc
NetComConnection.inc
NetComConnectionPool.inc
NetComEngine.inc
NetComFile.inc
NetComIOMsgPool.inc
NetComIOSockJobPool.inc
NetComProtocol.inc

:idea:

Frank

Quote from: aw27 on November 18, 2017, 06:14:51 AM
Quote from: Frank on November 18, 2017, 05:50:31 AM
lol. Have you seen somebody post his whole project just for a question?
Take a look at stack overflow.
This isn't a code bank so why the hell would i need to post whole project just because small area doesn't work properly?
That is some bullshit there.
Look for someone to fix at Stackoverflow then. The code is a complete nonsense.
Follow the advice and follow simple tutorials to learn the basics.

You started raging by making false assumption that my code is a school assignment. When i showed all of my relevant code and proved it wasn't you then started to talk nonsense. You need to learn the morals.

Quote from: jj2007 on November 18, 2017, 07:05:10 AM
Quote from: Frank on November 18, 2017, 05:50:31 AMwhy the hell would i need to post whole project just because small area doesn't work properly?

This is forum tradition, Frank: Members want to build the code, insert int 3 in strategic places, and see what's wrong in the debugger. And in general, members are very helpful in chasing bugs. I understand that you don't want to reveal all your secrets, so strip it down to the basics if you can. But just staring at pieces of code will not trigger any response. Really, it's not against you - the request to post "buildable" code is driven purely by practical considerations.
:icon14:

There is no secrets. It is just not a simple task to remove the irrelevant code for gui and other stuff and still get the application to function the same.

hutch--

Frank,

The request for an example that is at least buildable is reasonable as for anyone to be able to answer your questions or help you out, they must have something to work on. If its a big project that you are working on, see if you can pull out the part that is not working and put it in a test framework that at least runs so it can be tested and worked on.

There is a reason why we can be a bit wary of some of the questions, years ago we used to get these kids from India who would dump their school projects in the forum and post an email address to post the answer back to so we have blocked any conduct like that. To prevent sneak attacks we shoot first and answer questions later so don't be offended as this situation clearly does not apply to you.

Its the usual case around here, miracles are done regularly but the impossible takes longer.  :P