News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Asmc compiler.

Started by AssemblyChallenge, January 10, 2018, 01:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AssemblyChallenge

This compiler looks great and several days ago I was trying to give it a go.

So, I went to Nidud's page on GitHub, downloaded the latest version (2.27E right now) and uncompressed Asmc, just like you would do with regular Masm32. Then, I created a new Console Project with Asmc as compiler and changed the Paths so EC could find it, and here is when some details showed off:

- The new project has the normal references to Kernel32.inc and User32.inc... but those belong to Masm32 -I'm guessing- and can't be found on "\asmc\include". Not sure if this is normal or Asmc works in some mixed mode along Masm.

- Idem with Libs, as there are none but a bunch of *.def files. On Nidud's forum it says Asmc is ready to work "out of the box" but those Def files let me thinking that maybe they must be compiled before actually using them. So far I couldn't find a pre-compiled Asmc package, just like the ones you posted on the Tool's section of EC's website.

Am I doing something wrong please?

Thank you.

PD: Also tried to use Asmc's make and included makefiles but only got errors  :dazzled:

HSE

Hi Challenge!

I'm using AsmC exactly like ml. Just masm32SDK includes, libraries and bats.

Regards
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

AssemblyChallenge

Quote from: HSE on January 10, 2018, 03:00:03 AM
Hi Challenge!

I'm using AsmC exactly like ml. Just masm32SDK includes, libraries and bats.

Regards

So, it is not a pure Asmc compiling environment but a mixed one with Masm? Meaning asmc.exe and linkw.exe vs the Masm32 Includes and Libs? As a descendant of Jwasm I though it was a different beast altogether :shock:

jj2007

You can use AsmC, and UAsm btw, as if they were ML.exe - they are perfect MASM clones. On very rare occasions, you might see differences, but that concerns mainly macros (and there are workarounds).

HSE

JWASM and HJWASM also work perfectly with Masm32 and link or polink. Just they have some collision with some old macros that I use a lot, and it's a little boring to recompile every new version. AsmC allow to disable that collision and allow long lines by default. :t

JJ was faster :biggrin:

AssemblyChallenge

Thank you both.

At least is compiling now but the Building part is failing with:

"Error! E2154: cannot execute cvpack.exe : No such file or directory"

Right now, as noted above, I have asmc.exe and linkw.exe as compiler/linker. Not sure what else to change as cvpack error is new: I never had it with Masm.

HSE

AssemblyChallenge

Quote from: HSE on January 10, 2018, 11:11:58 AM
What source code?   :biggrin:

A very simple console program:

.Const

.Data?

.Data

hInst HINSTANCE NULL

Info1 DB "Test message", 13, 10, 0

.Code

start:
Invoke GetModuleHandle, NULL
Mov hInst, Eax

Invoke StdOut, Addr Info1

Invoke ExitProcess, 0
End start

rsala

What resource compiler are you using? Please use rc.exe (in \masm32\bin). The command line for rc.exe is /X /L<lang> $.
EC coder

AssemblyChallenge

Quote from: rsala on January 10, 2018, 08:47:22 PM
What resource compiler are you using? Please use rc.exe (in \masm32\bin). The command line for rc.exe is /X /L<lang> $.

The Project's properties are set as:

- Compiler: \asmc\bin\asmc.exe
- Linker: \asmc\bin\linkw.exe
- Resource Compiler: \masm32\bin\rc.exe

And the RC Command Line option (I never touch any of those):

- /X /L<lang> $

rsala

I attach the ConsoleAsmC project that compiles and builds fine in my Win7-64.
EC coder

AssemblyChallenge

Still no dice :(

Your project is good but it has unticked the "Add symbolic information" and that option is the one triggering the cvpack.exe error. As the tools options don't go along with the project, I attached an image of how they look in my PC. Could you please compare it with yours and/or tell me which one is wrong? I'm pretty sure that's the root of my problems.

Thank you.

rsala

Well, that's right. I thought the cvpack.exe file was included with the ASMC package. To solve the problem please download the JWASM package at:

http://easycode.cat/English/Download/JWasm.zip

After unzip it, take the the cvpack.exe file and copy it ito the "\AsmC\bin" folder (where the asmc.exe is ).
:t
EC coder

AssemblyChallenge

Finally :greenclp:

That was the missing piece in the puzzle, now is working. Already gave the hint to Nidud about it.

Thank you. :icon_mrgreen:

rsala

Yes, I think Nidud should include this file in the AsmC pack.
:biggrin:
EC coder