Author Topic: Letter signed by Catherine Deneuve over abuse of the #meetoo campaign.  (Read 533 times)

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
While I confess to being a fan of Catherine Deneuve which may show my bias, I am pleased to see a response like this as the #meetoo campaign has shifted from a rejection of turds like Weinstein to a generalised attack on men. I wonder if the meetoo brigade would list the number of actresses who PHUKED their way to success on the director's casting couch ? DRR is "directors rights reserved" on their applications which means their pants will come off if it advanced their acting career.

https://www.rt.com/news/415423-french-deneuve-letter-meetoo-campaign/

hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin:

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
Re: Letter signed by Catherine Deneuve over abuse of the #meetoo campaign.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2018, 07:39:42 PM »
“Rape is a crime but insistent or clumsy flirting is not, nor is gallantry a macho aggression,” the letter read, claiming that in a healthy society men should have the “indispensable freedom to offend and bother” women.

Not sure about the "freedom to offend and bother" but the rest is OK. To be seen in context, though: While she is right that this campaign has been hijacked by "religious extremists and the worst sort of reactionaries", she also defends Polanski: in my eyes an absolutely great director, a genius, but putting a 13-year old under drugs should have earned him jail, fullstop.

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 09:05:13 PM »
We probably differ on Polanski, his wife Sharon Tate was murdered by the Manson group and his life turned to chyte. I don't agree with him porking a young girl but this is not always an easy task to avoid in a casual association, especially in the drug fuelled culture of that era. There is a tendency to misuse legal terms like rape which is a violent ugly act by one or more guys against a women by force for far more menial indiscretions, is a slap on the bum rape ?

The solution in times past was for the offended female to slap the guys face. Now I wonder as I remember ladies slapping guys on their behind if that is also rape or is that different when you apply enough gender bias. Now if anyone remember the recent response to an interview with Mat Damon, he drew the distinction between a slap on the behind and the violent act of rape and was accused of "mansplaining" for having had the audacity to make sense in a sea of stupidity.

The ladies who have been coerced for sexual favours in any industry/occupation deserve protection from abuse of that type but I would extend the same to anyone that is subject to any form of coercion, not just a vocal few who see they have some power by attacking men.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin:

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 07:45:18 AM »
Well let me tell you.. everything is rife in the film industry.

I had a woman recently making heavy overtures on me, with a lot of touchy, touchy with verbal and physical hints that are so obvious.
I'm a person that likes my 'free space' and no-one must get physically close to me as I don't like it.  Only immediate family are allowed into my 'space'.
These advances made me cringe and back off quickly. I was nice about it, but in no uncertain terms.. 'You're Trespassing'

I was not offended in any way.. and let it be known that I'm not a 'freebee'
 :t
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'