News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

UASM64 gdi example for Circular Progress Bar

Started by six_L, January 12, 2018, 02:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

six_L

the masm32 codes wrote by KSR aka fearless,i translated into WIN64 UASM.
Say you, Say me, Say the codes together for ever.

Biterider

jj2007

fearless

Heres the link to the original post about it: http://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=3059.msg31743#msg31743

I knew it was a wee bit of time ago, but didnt realise it was 2014. lol.

Anyhow, the original one probably needed extra optimization to reduce cpu usage, plus math logic and code to calc all that math stuff for tick positioning etc probably could also do with someone better able to probably implement and optimize. And the preservation of EBX (RBX for 64bit) would also be needed, as at that time i wasnt doing anything like that, so a quick scan of procs to add USES EBX clause should help fix that.

LiaoMi

Hi fearless,

the use of Edittext controls in the Modern UI will be the same as in the regular program? Or its required to write own functions?

Thanks!

fearless

I havent managed to create a working ModernUI edit control as yet - lots of playing around trying to force the standard edit control to do certain things and override it with painting based on mouse over etc, but no success as yet, so just a standard plain old vanilla edit control or any other win32 standard control can be used as normal. Only it will look slightly out of place against the modern ui stuff i guess.

Ive been working on doing a ModernUI_Text control (similar to static label) and adding a RadASM custom control for that and the others as well, but ran into an issue with RadASM that has an internal limit of 127 custom properties. 69 are allready defined and in use by RadASM. It uses a bitmask to determine and add additional properties up to the 127 limit as found by custom controls using the CCDEFEX structure.

I managed to code an alternative path for custom controls (ids > 65535) to handle it differently now and update the property list accordingly. Also added property descriptions and allow for custom controls properties to have a description as well.

Ill probably update the github repo with the new radasm version soon, v2.2.2.3, and at some point update and push release for the radasm ModernUI controls (dlls) as well.

Still its all work in progress at the moment, but heres some images to show you what i mean:

The custom controls i created, are dummy .dll controls, that is, they are used for the dialog editor in RadASM. The custom ModernUI RadASM control .dll files arent shipped to users, the controls are all in their own seperate static library. So they can be created directly in code, or they can be created by the dialog resource IF the ModernUI control is registered before the dialog is loaded - typically you could place the MUIxxxxxxRegister function at start / main before WndProc is called, then its all handled automagically.

Anyhow i might add the circlebar control at some point - might require reworking / recoding it for inclusion as part of the ModernUI framework thingy.

six_L

hi,fearless,Biterider,johnsa,jj2007
thanks for your encouragements.
Say you, Say me, Say the codes together for ever.