Author Topic: There are some huge bugs in my debugger................... x32dbg  (Read 164 times)

zedd151

I know that x32dbg/x64dbg are both under continuous developement, so I should probably file a bug report with them, too.

I was debugging some of my code that fills an array with offsets to data. It is a fairly large array (not humungous but pretty big)
The array filling is not where my code is buggy though. x32dbg seems to "stutter" on occasion, and has an occasional hiccup.

Also, I noticed that code is not alway properly disassembled. I check with ollydbg, as well as look at the binaries with a hex editor to check the actual hex data of the opcodes, and x32dbg  misses more than a few every time. using the most current version "June 19, 2018, 18:59:42" just be warned.    :icon_mrgreen:

I'm not always the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I have my moments.  :P

LiaoMi

Re: There are some huge bugs in my debugger................... x32dbg
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 07:07:17 PM »
Hi zedd151,

can you make a small example that demonstrates the error?  ::)

fearless

• LetTheLightIn
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 08:46:35 PM »
I know that x64dbg moved from using capstone to zydis for the disassembly a few months ago. If you have examples of where its missing opcodes or disassembling them correctly, let me know and I can pass it on in the telegram chat. Or create an issue on github so that x64dbg can investigate (and so they can properly file an issue with zydis if it appears thats where the issue lies).
fearless

CM690II Case, HX1000 PSU, Asus Z97, Intel i7-4790K, Seidon 120v Cooler, 16GB DDR3, MSI GTX 980TI

www.LetTheLight.in  My Github  Twitter

zedd151

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 08:56:55 PM »
If you have examples of where its missing opcodes or disassembling them correctly, let me know and I can pass it on in the telegram chat. Or create an issue on github so that x64dbg can investigate

It only happened in a couple of instances that I noticed, but if I see it again, I will gather up all of the evidence materials, screen shots and comparisons between x32dbg and ollydbg as well as a screenshot from hEdit. I can't seem to duplicate the issue at the moment though.

I'm not always the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I have my moments.  :P

LiaoMi

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 10:18:13 PM »
If you have examples of where its missing opcodes or disassembling them correctly, let me know and I can pass it on in the telegram chat. Or create an issue on github so that x64dbg can investigate

It only happened in a couple of instances that I noticed, but if I see it again, I will gather up all of the evidence materials, screen shots and comparisons between x32dbg and ollydbg as well as a screenshot from hEdit. I can't seem to duplicate the issue at the moment though.

In this case, this is an old bug that can not be fixed. An error occurs during the parsing of the database file. You must delete the database file to resolve the error.