Author Topic: I'll be buying a new computer...  (Read 32565 times)

The saga continues...
« Reply #150 on: August 09, 2018, 06:05:57 AM »
Posting from my ancient Gateway Laptop, on Windows To Go Windows 10 32 bit Home edition. I installed the wifi drivers for Windows 7 but they did not work. (Drivers not available apparently for use with Windows 10)
My Smart (dumb) phone has the option to 'tether via usb' so I tried that option, so here I am posting via my phone   :icon_mrgreen:

This screen is HUGE in comparison to my old netbook. Only slightly bigger than my new netbook that I purchased a few months back.
I'll post a screenshot in a little bit...

Edit I fubarred and had to edit the mfr name. lol
On this computer, Windows To Go runs a little faster. Of course it has 2 GB ram as opposed to he 512 MB in the little netbook. I was surprised it even ran with so little memory.

I had to install Drop Box on this machine. :)

Re: I'll be buying a new computer...
« Reply #151 on: August 09, 2018, 07:11:49 AM »
This setup isn't so bad. The OS is responsive enough, and it is almost as fast as it would be if I were running from a bona fide hard disk. (Not as fast as a solid state disk, however)
There are a few lags, but nothing to write home about.
It of course, is sill crippled by the fact that not all of the drivers are available, so that means I have to manually transfer anything from my Windows 7 setup to this computer manually via usb drive. :(

But otherwise, it IS a working system.  :)
I don't like Cortana peering over my shoulder all the time, but thats life in the Windows 10 world.   8)

Just when I thought I was finished playing around with OS'es and configurations.  ::)    :biggrin:

Caché GB

• MASM IS HOT
« Reply #152 on: August 09, 2018, 09:32:17 AM »
Struggling with OS's is a never ending story. Dam MicroSh*t.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 10:38:49 AM by Caché GB »
Caché GB's 1 and 0-nly language:MASM

« Reply #153 on: August 09, 2018, 10:41:38 AM »
Struggling with OS's is a never ending story. Dam MicroSh*t.
No struggle now, I'm just playing around.  :greensml:
I have Windows 7 64 bit set up on my main computer and it is solid, and doesn't spy on me.   :icon_cool: