Author Topic: UPLOADING THE PROGRAM: FAILURE!  (Read 1192 times)

felipe

• Eagles are just great!
UPLOADING THE PROGRAM: FAILURE!
« on: March 30, 2018, 07:34:11 AM »
This is embarrassing (from my side not from the forum side), i can't upload the program that i was talking about because it's too big for attach into the forum. This is because is a folder with some .wav files and which each one is like 200kb in size. And there are like 14 of those files in the game. So with 4 attachments per post but with a maximum of 512 kb per post, it will turn very uncomfortable to download and play the game. It's obvious than the game isn't worth it, but i just wanted to share with all of you. Sorry.  :(
Felipe.

zeddicus

Re: UPLOADING THE PROGRAM: FAILURE!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 07:40:06 AM »
Would it be possible to split the upload,,
In 2 or more parts?
Never  mind,  don't need a multi dozen down or upload
Only read the first  part of your  post the first Time.  ::)

AW

• Let's Make ASM Great Again!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 10:33:26 AM »
This is embarrassing (from my side not from the forum side), i can't upload the program that i was talking about because it's too big for attach into the forum. This is because is a folder with some .wav files and which each one is like 200kb in size. And there are like 14 of those files in the game. So with 4 attachments per post but with a maximum of 512 kb per post, it will turn very uncomfortable to download and play the game. It's obvious than the game isn't worth it, but i just wanted to share with all of you. Sorry.  :(

There is really no reason for using capitals to stress the drama when everybody knows that the limit is a generous 500 KB.
You can open an account on Github.com and put the game there.

daydreamer

• reach for the stars
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 10:37:05 AM »
cant you find a way to compress them to mp3's or wma's?
or some compressed format that there is api that support them to use in your code?
ive seen some games make use of mp3's because it had lots of speech in the game
Oblivion?
Quote from Flashdance
Nick  :  When you give up your dream, you die.
*wears a flameproof asbestos suit*

felipe

• Eagles are just great!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 12:07:03 PM »
HEY DAYDREAMER, SORRY BUT I CAN'T DO THAT. I'M USING AN OLD FUNCTION WHICH ONLY SUPPORTS .WAV FILES  :idea:. I REALLY DON'T WANT TO CAUSE TOO MUCH EXPECTATION WITH THIS VERY SIMPLE GAME, IS NOT WORTH IT. SO IF IS NOT POSSIBLE, DOESN'T MATTER.  :icon14:

HEY AW27, YOU ARE A VERY DIPLOMATIC GUY  :greenclp:.
Felipe.

AW

• Let's Make ASM Great Again!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 02:16:37 PM »
HEY AW27, YOU ARE A VERY DIPLOMATIC GUY  :greenclp:.
I can not say the same thing about you, you are not aware of netiquette.
http://netiquette.wikia.com/wiki/Rule_number_2_-_Do_not_use_all_caps

LordAdef

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 02:40:29 PM »

Hi Felipe, upload it through wetransfer.com and give us the link. That should do the trick.

felipe

• Eagles are just great!
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 02:52:05 PM »
I can not say the same thing about you, you are not aware of netiquette.
http://netiquette.wikia.com/wiki/Rule_number_2_-_Do_not_use_all_caps

THAT'S PRECISELY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT. CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOU.  :greenclp:

LORDADEF THAT WILL BE TOO MUCH ISSUE FOR A TOO SIMPLE GAME. I WILL WORK IN ANOTHER PROJECT TO UPLOAD TO THE FORUM WITHOUT SOUND FILES PROBABLY.  :icon14:
Felipe.

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 03:49:10 PM »
cant you find a way to compress them to mp3's or wma's?

That is the solution, Felipe.

daydreamer

• reach for the stars
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 05:17:56 PM »
You probably made a nice game and put some effort  add sound fx to it, which makes a game much better
Even simple games can have a good game idea
I hope you dont give up to solve how to upload it, or someone else has to be the first to break free from 500kb limit
Quote from Flashdance
Nick  :  When you give up your dream, you die.
*wears a flameproof asbestos suit*

caballero

• abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 06:24:06 PM »
Now I'm curious with your game :biggrin:. A few tips to achieve share it here:

1. You can reduce the size of your wavs dramatically with audacity. Surelly they are stereo, but you don't need so: "Pistas / Estéreo a Mono" Then "Archivo / Exportar". If they are too big yet, you can play with the "project frequency" at the top down left "File / Export".

2. Use google drive to store your project. It seems that yandex disk is also quite good.
En un lugar de la Mancha de cuyo nombre no quiero acordarme

- There are 10 kind of people: those who know binary numbers and those who don't -

LordAdef

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 07:05:31 PM »
I am curious too!

the wetransfer upload is too easy. you get a link and post it here to us

felipe

• Eagles are just great!
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2018, 01:06:49 AM »
Hello everyone! After knowing the limit of sizes of attachments per post  :icon_exclaim:, experimenting in the romper room the drama  :shock:, the abuse of capitals and even learn about some netiquette rule i wasn't aware of  :biggrin:, i thought: well 500kb per post is not the same as per thread  :redface:. So, even if the amount of people who will actually download all the files needed and to put them in the right folder to actually play the game correctly, will exponentially decrease...Well the game is so simple (please daydreamer, no special effects, much simpler than that. But i want to get there in some future... :icon_redface:).  So it doesn't matter. Also you showed some interest, so thanks for that  :icon14:. I will post all in a thread named "ANIMALS!"  :bgrin:. See you there...(maybe)  :redface:.
Felipe.

zeddicus

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2018, 01:12:37 AM »
Is this just a tease? Sure, now you will probably charge a fee to see your Software.   :eusa_naughty:
Can't wait to see what you have come up with.

zedd

felipe

• Eagles are just great!
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2018, 02:35:36 AM »
 :biggrin: zedd, ofcourse not. Is so simple that after seeing it you will think about the joke.  :lol:
Felipe.