News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Require advice in wrapping DX11 please

Started by Lonewolff, April 04, 2018, 04:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonewolff

It's not too dissimilar to DX9 in its early initialisation. So it is probably something silly that I am doing.

Lonewolff

I think I may have nailed it.  8)

I can now force an exception if I do an unsafe release of the device followed by another release. So this is a good thing. Means it is working correctly.

Getting late here so I'll do some more testing in the morning. If all goes well I might have an empty DX11 render window with a coloured back buffer by the end of tomorrow.  :biggrin:

Siekmanski

Hi Lonewolff,

I have used the DirectX SDK from february 2010 to translate the includes for DX11.
Only translated the COM interfaces to initialize DX11 and to render a screen with a orange background color.
The rest is up to you.  :biggrin:

Marinus
Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

Lonewolff

Nice one, I'll check it out. I am almost at the same stage with my attempt too. 8)

How did you get to that stage so quickly? I am still wrapping up the device context.

Siekmanski

Have some experience with COM interface translations.  :biggrin:

Lonewolff

Lonewolff

A great many thanks to Siekmanski. You have been extremely supportive. I'll be sure to make you proud. 8)

Siekmanski

Lonewolff

Woot! My first DX11 render window, after many hours of debugging my interpretation of the few DX11 interfaces.

Weighing in at 3 KB.