Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

The Ascended ASM game creation thread

Started by Lonewolff, April 09, 2018, 02:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zedd151

Quote from: felipe on April 30, 2018, 11:13:55 AM

No, zedd151, sorry. I'm not trying that and i'm not having a hard time with it neither. :idea: Just think on me as a discrete programmer with a lot of interests than don't have the time neither the intentions of been tied to any project.  :t

I stand corrected. I had misread your intentions by what you post. Sorry again.

Lonewolff

Quote from: felipe on April 30, 2018, 11:01:05 AM
You have to know that this libraries are widespread to anybody...well, maybe not so much friendly with asm programmers, but Siekmanski helped with that a lot!  :idea:

I'm actually finding that DirectX is somewhat easier in ASM than it is in C++, thanks to the freedom of not having to fight with 'types' etc.

felipe

No problem, probably with my bad english i can't be too much elocuent.  :biggrin: Also, you can note i do care when people talk about me in somekind of prototyped person. That's probably because felipe is my real name, and because i like this forum and i want to keep programming and loading demos, works or whatever idea i can get to code. I like critics, there's no problem with that. Actually that's a good thing. But i'm not some prototype nor stereotype, i'm a real person (of meat and bones). :icon_exclaim:
Please note too that i'm not looking for fame either, just freedom and enjoy.  :greenclp:

Lonewolff

HDD crashed mid edit and when I booted back up it was just a massive file containing only spaces.  :shock:

I two minds, do I restart the project? Or do I push on in to new realms and make a huge comeback in DirectX 12?

I half want to give DX12 a try. A mash up of old school assembly with the latest in cutting edge.

I could be a pioneer, as I don't think it has ever been done before.  8)

zedd151

1. Fix your computer first.

2. Once computer is rock solid again. restart previous project.

3. Experiment with DX12 to get your feet wet, so to speak.

4. Always make a backup copy of your project. Will save you many headaches in the future. Every time you save to assemble and test,  make a copy - just in case.

Lonewolff

Yeah, all points to the power supply. It had been intermittently rebooting for about a month now, even after a clean install of Windows and a different system HDD (including cables).

I make sure that everything I buy is good quality. Mainboard only has solid state capacitors. Bulgy electrolytics often being the cause of early Mainboard demise.

Checked the CPU half hour ago, just in case the cooling system isn't right. But it is running stable at a nice 38° C (100 ° F). So it is running quite cool.

Siekmanski

Quote from: Ascended on April 30, 2018, 06:04:30 PM
HDD crashed mid edit and when I booted back up it was just a massive file containing only spaces.  :shock:

Welcome to the Empty File Club.  http://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6833.0

I know how you feel right know.  :shock:
Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

Lonewolff

Quote from: Siekmanski on April 30, 2018, 08:11:44 PM
Welcome to the Empty File Club.  http://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6833.0

I know how you feel right know.  :shock:

Hehe, all good.  :biggrin:

Glad I didn't lose my matrix library I created though. Wouldn't have looked forward to recreating that 1000 lines of math.

LordAdef

Reaally sorry if I'm asking a stupid question,  but did you changed your masm32 name or I missed something?

Lonewolff

Turned off virtualization in the BIOS and haven't had a random reboot since.

Could be just co-incidence though as it was really only happening once a day. Time will tell, I guess.

Lonewolff

Got back into the swing of things.

Time to work out some shadowing techniques. This will be new ground for me.

zedd151

Your game doesn't work for me.    :greensml:

QuoteTurned off virtualization in the BIOS and haven't had a random reboot since...

So everything is ok on your end?

Lonewolff

Hasn't had a random reboot since I changed the setting. Was just a random guess to turn that off too.

What you mean it doesn't work for you? One of the old demo's you mean?

zedd151

Quote from: Ascended on May 06, 2018, 06:03:37 PM

What you mean it doesn't work for you?

Just teasing you.   :badgrin:   

:lol: