News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Parsing a string for NULL terminator

Started by Lonewolff, April 23, 2018, 03:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jj2007

Quote from: aw27 on April 25, 2018, 12:01:28 AMAfter my explanation, may be you can infer, and eventually fix the RichMasm problem.

There is nothing to fix, it works perfectly with RichMasm. Btw also with plain Masm32 code.

QuoteThe output goes to the console, right?
QuoteNo, it does not, it appears in DbgView window.

Cluttering my desktop with one more window??? That's clumsy. My version needs only one console. Besides, while it is of course possible to use OutputDebugStringA for printing stuff, it is IMHO more convenient to just use Alex' console MACRO or, in case you have MB installed, the real thing. RichMasm's OPT_Debug 1, btw, does not print anything except if it's necessary: when heap corruption is detected.

aw27

Cluttering my desktop with one more window??? That's clumsy
This is what professionals use, probably because you have not convinced them yet to use RichMasm's OPT_Debug 1.  :icon_rolleyes:

LordAdef

MasmBasic is a beautiful project. So is RichMasm, the IDE.
Jochen is a prowd father of its creation and I admire his passion towards his library.

hutch--

I bought a small piece of software that joins 2 computers in a novel way where you run the 2 monitors side by side and only use 1 mouse and 1 keyboard between them, it has clean communication between the two computer with the clipboard and I though I had found another use for my old i7 with Win7 on it but I already had another use of the old box which was downloading very big files onto a tail end HDD on my main machine.

I got tired of the dual screens very quickly, disconnected the software and just have to suffer silently with a 32 inch screen which is big enough to run 2 windows side by side. As my eyesight gets older, the solution is to buy a bigger monitor as the price of 50 inch and bigger TVs is still dropping and 4k may start to be viable in the not too distant future.

aw27

Quote from: LordAdef on April 25, 2018, 04:26:38 AM
Jochen is a prowd father of its creation and I admire his passion towards his library.

I know you are one of the 2 users of MasmBasic, excluding JJ himself. I am expecting you to start developing your games in Masm Basic any time soon.  :t
I also like JJ, this is the reason I like to tease him.

LordAdef

Quote from: aw27 on April 25, 2018, 05:14:37 AM
Quote from: LordAdef on April 25, 2018, 04:26:38 AM

I know you are one of the 2 users of MasmBasic, excluding JJ himself. I am expecting you to start developing your games in Masm Basic any time soon.  :t
I also like JJ, this is the reason I like to tease him.

Nice call Jose!

jj2007

Thanks, Alex & José - I am so glad to have two real fans now ;)

HSE

Quote from: aw27 on April 24, 2018, 07:30:25 PM
A professional :shock:  debugging alternative

Very interesting your macro! The same idea can be used to make a wrapper to string debug in Vkim's DbgWin and Biterider's DebugCenter.  :t
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

daydreamer

Quote from: hutch-- on April 25, 2018, 05:11:42 AM

I got tired of the dual screens very quickly, disconnected the software and just have to suffer silently with a 32 inch screen which is big enough to run 2 windows side by side. As my eyesight gets older, the solution is to buy a bigger monitor as the price of 50 inch and bigger TVs is still dropping and 4k may start to be viable in the not too distant future.
I have DVI-HDMI cable from old stationary to big HD tv, but it is incapable of scale lower resolution to fullscreen than the max resolution, bought some converter for laptop VGA but it didnt work, so I tested some android screen mirror documents and tutorials on TV,if its not enough with a big tv, you can use smartphone to zoom function
some newer laptops also support screen mirroring on TV
int3 opcode is a exception for asm programmers, its one opcode that never gets optimized to go faster,because its a waste, you cannot debug faster
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding