News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

DAYDREAMER's Air force

Started by felipe, April 23, 2018, 06:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

felipe

Ok, here it is another demo. Fullscreen, escape (and finish the program) with the esc key. Made with a nice model from DAYDREAMER. .exe attached.
Special notes: I was having the approach of test the directx 9 functions (of course just a few of them) and the include files (provided from Siekmanski) and then sharing here the results. That's why the code is not too much commented (sorry). Now i think i will start a game, so i will (hopefully) take some time and upload the game and the source code (well commented) when i finish.  :icon14:

DAYDREAMER: Do you see this baby moving in your screen in a future? Maybe you should try it!  :greensml:

.model      flat,stdcall
option      casemap:none
include     \masm32\include\windows.inc
include     \masm32\include\kernel32.inc
include     \masm32\include\user32.inc
include     \masm32\include\gdi32.inc
includelib  \masm32\lib\kernel32.lib
includelib  \masm32\lib\user32.lib
includelib  \masm32\lib\gdi32.lib
includelib  \masm32\lib\d3dx9.lib

include     \masm32\include\DX9Includes\d3d9.inc
include     \masm32\include\DX9Includes\d3DX9.inc

SCREEN_WIDTH    equ 1024                   ; Kind of old standard
SCREEN_HEIGHT   equ 768                           ;   resolution.

.data
align 1
class_name      byte        "game class",0
wnd_name        byte        "DAYDREAMER'S AIR FORCE",0
d3d9_lib        byte        "d3d9.dll",0
dx9func0        byte        "Direct3DCreate9",0
the_model       byte        "MIG31.jpg",0                               ; Daydreamer's air force model.

align 4
float4          dword       1.0

.data?
align 4
hinstance       dword       ?
hwindow         dword       ?
bye         dword     ?
hdll            dword       ?
proc_add        dword       ?
inter_add       dword       ?
d3dpp           D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS <?>
d3ddev          dword       ?
backbuffer      dword       ?
surface         dword       ?
result          dword       ?

.code
align 4
start:
            push        ebp
            mov         ebp,esp

push        NULL                                                ; Get a handle for the program instance.
            call        GetModuleHandle

mov         hinstance,eax

sub         esp,76                                              ; WNDCLASSEX and MSG.

mov         dword ptr[ebp-48],48                                ; The size of the structure.
            mov         dword ptr[ebp-44],CS_HREDRAW or CS_VREDRAW          ; The style of the class.
            mov         [ebp-40],wndproc
            mov         dword ptr[ebp-36],0                                 ; No extra
            mov         dword ptr[ebp-32],0                                 ;   bytes.
            mov         eax,hinstance
            mov         [ebp-28],eax

push        500
            push        eax
            call        LoadIcon

mov         [ebp-24],eax

push        IDC_ARROW                                           ; The system cursor.
            push        NULL                                             
            call        LoadCursor

mov         [ebp-20],eax                                        ; hCursor.

push        WHITE_BRUSH                                         ; Typical background color for a window.
            call        GetStockObject                                      ; Get the handle of the brush.

mov         [ebp-16],eax                                        ; hBrush.
            mov         dword ptr[ebp-12],NULL                              ; No menu.
            mov         [ebp-8],offset class_name
            mov         dword ptr[ebp-4],NULL                               ; Use the same app icon for the small one.

lea         eax,[ebp-48]                                        ; WNDCLASSEX.

push        eax
            call        RegisterClassEx

push        NULL                                                ; No value passed to the window.
            push        hinstance
            push        NULL                                                ; No menu.
            push        NULL                                                ; No parent of the window.
            push        SCREEN_HEIGHT                                       ; Old standar
            push        SCREEN_WIDTH                                        ;   resolution.
            push        CW_USEDEFAULT                                       ; Default position
            push        CW_USEDEFAULT                                       ;  of the window.
            push        WS_EX_TOPMOST or WS_VISIBLE or WS_POPUP             ; Game window style.
            push        offset wnd_name                                     ; Name of the game window.   
            push        offset class_name
            push        WS_EX_TOPMOST     ; Some extension of the style.
            call CreateWindowEx

mov         hwindow,eax

push        SW_SHOWNORMAL                                       ; Displaying the window for the first time.
            push        eax
            call        ShowWindow                                         

push        hwindow
            call        UpdateWindow                                        ; Update the client area.

push        offset d3d9_lib
            call        LoadLibrary                                         ; Load d3d9.dll to the address space of this program.

mov         hdll,eax                                            ; Handle to the module loaded.

push        offset dx9func0                                     ; Direct3DCreate9.
            push        eax                                                 ; hdll.
            call        GetProcAddress                                      ; Get the address of the dx9 function.

mov         proc_add,eax                                        ; Save the address of the funtion Direct3DCreate9.

push        D3D_SDK_VERSION
            call        eax                                                 ; Call the function Direct3DCreate9.

mov         inter_add,eax                                       ; Safe the com interface address.                                 

mov         esi,offset d3dpp
            mov         ecx,14                                              ; There are 14 dword members in this structure.

align 4
fill_struc:
            mov         dword ptr[esi],0
            add         esi,4                                                ; Next field.
            loop        fill_struc                                           ; Fill the structure with 0.

mov         esi,offset d3dpp

mov         dword ptr[esi+0],SCREEN_WIDTH                        ; Backbuffer width.
    mov         dword ptr[esi+4],SCREEN_HEIGHT                       ; Backbuffer height.
            mov         dword ptr[esi+8],D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8                     ; Backbuffer format.
            mov         dword ptr[esi+12],1                                  ; Backbuffer count.
            mov         dword ptr[esi+24],D3DSWAPEFFECT_DISCARD              ; Swap effect.
            mov         eax,hwindow
            mov         dword ptr[esi+28],eax                                ; device window.
            mov         dword ptr[esi+32],FALSE                              ; Not windowed, we want fullscreen.

push        offset d3ddev
            push        offset d3dpp
            push        D3DCREATE_SOFTWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING
            push        eax                                                 ; hwindow
            push D3DDEVTYPE_HAL
            push        D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT

mov         eax,inter_add                                       ; Com interface address.
            push        eax

mov         eax,[eax]                                           ; Get address of the method.                                 
            call        dword ptr[eax+IDirect3D9_CreateDevice]              ; Call method CreateDevice.       

push        0
            push        float4
            push        00000000h                                           ; Black color.
            push        D3DCLEAR_TARGET
            push        NULL
            push        0

mov         eax,d3ddev
            push        eax

mov         eax,[eax]
            call        dword ptr[eax+IDirect3DDevice9_Clear]

push        offset backbuffer
            push        D3DBACKBUFFER_TYPE_MONO
            push        0
            push        0

mov         eax,d3ddev
            push        eax

mov         eax,[eax]
            call        dword ptr[eax+IDirect3DDevice9_GetBackBuffer]

push        NULL
            push        offset surface
            push        D3DPOOL_DEFAULT
            push        D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8
            push        480                                                 ; Height of the surface.
            push        680                                                 ; Width of the surface.

mov         eax,d3ddev
            push        eax

mov         eax,[eax]
            call        dword ptr[eax+IDirect3DDevice9_CreateOffscreenPlainSurface]
            mov         result,eax

push        NULL
            push        0
            push        D3DX_DEFAULT           
            push        NULL
            push        offset the_model
            push        NULL
            push        NULL
            push        surface
            call        D3DXLoadSurfaceFromFile       

push        D3DTEXF_NONE
            push        NULL
            push        backbuffer
            push        NULL
            push        surface

mov         eax,d3ddev
            push        eax

mov         eax,[eax]
            call        dword ptr[eax+IDirect3DDevice9_StretchRect]                             

lea         esi,[ebp-76]                 ; MSG.
    mov bye,0         ; Flag to stop the game loop.

align 4
msgloop:           
    push        PM_REMOVE                                           ; Pull out messages.
            push        0                                                   ; Retrieve all
            push        0                                                   ;  available messages.
            push        NULL                                                ; Messages of any window of this thread.
            push        esi                 ; MSG.
            call        PeekMessage       

cmp eax,0
    je no_msg                       ; No messages yet. Give the game the resources.

push        esi
            call        TranslateMessage                                    ; Translate keyboard to messages.

push        esi
            call        DispatchMessage                                     ; Dispatch messages to wndproc.

cmp         bye,1
    je end_program                       ; Check if the game is over.

align 4
no_msg:     
            mov         eax,d3ddev
            push        eax
            mov         eax,[eax]
            call        dword ptr[eax+IDirect3DDevice9_BeginScene]

push        offset backbuffer
            push        D3DBACKBUFFER_TYPE_MONO
            push        0
            push        0

mov         eax,d3ddev
            push        eax

mov         eax,[eax]
            call        dword ptr[eax+IDirect3DDevice9_GetBackBuffer]

push        D3DTEXF_NONE
            push        NULL
            push        backbuffer
            push        NULL
            push        surface

mov         eax,d3ddev
            push        eax

mov         eax,[eax]
            call        dword ptr[eax+IDirect3DDevice9_StretchRect]     

mov         eax,d3ddev
            push        eax
            mov         eax,[eax]
            call        dword ptr[eax+IDirect3DDevice9_EndScene]

push        NULL               
            push        NULL
            push        NULL
            push        NULL
            mov         eax,d3ddev
            push        eax               
            mov         eax,[eax]         
            call        dword ptr[eax+IDirect3DDevice9_Present]     

push        VK_ESCAPE
    call        GetAsyncKeyState           ; The esc key turns off the game.

test        eax,80000000h
    jz keep_rolling                      ; If is not pressed keep playing.

push        0
    push        0
    push        WM_DESTROY
    push        hwindow
    call        PostMessage           ; If pressed let start to shutdown the game.

align 4
keep_rolling:
    jmp        msgloop                                   ; All again.

align 4
end_program:
            mov         eax,[ebp-68]                                        ; wParam (exit code).

mov         esp,ebp
            pop         ebp

push        eax                                 
            call        ExitProcess                                         ; End the program.

; «««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««««

align 4
wndproc:                                                                    ; The window procedure for the main window class.
            push        ebp
            mov         ebp,esp

cmp         dword ptr[ebp+12],WM_DESTROY                 ; Game over.
            jne do_the_default

cmp         d3ddev,NULL
            je          skip_cleaning

mov         eax,d3ddev
            push        eax               
            mov         eax,[eax]         
            call        dword ptr[eax+IUnknown_Release]

cmp         inter_add,NULL
            je          skip_cleaning

mov         eax,inter_add
            push        eax               
            mov         eax,[eax]         
            call        dword ptr[eax+IUnknown_Release]

align 4
skip_cleaning:
            push        0                                                   ; Exit code (wParam in WM_QUIT).
            call        PostQuitMessage                                     ; Notify to windows that is the end of the application.   

mov bye,1                 ; To stop the game loop.

xor         eax,eax

mov         esp,ebp
            pop         ebp

ret         16

align 4
do_the_default:
    push        dword ptr[ebp+20]                                   ; lParam.
            push        dword ptr[ebp+16]                                   ; wParam.
            push        dword ptr[ebp+12]                                   ; The message.
            push        dword ptr[ebp+8]                                    ; Handle of the window.
            call        DefWindowProc                                       ; Default processing for all the other messages.

mov         esp,ebp
            pop         ebp

ret         16

end         start

LordAdef

Hi Felipe, you must have forgotten to join the asset. All I see is black screen. exe size is 2kb

Siekmanski

Yeah, MIG31.jpg is not included in the zip
Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

felipe

:lol: Sorry for that. Put this image in the same folder of the .exe.  :idea:

Siekmanski

Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

felipe

:icon_exclaim: Please note the program will not run if you haven't installed this runtime libraries:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109 I haven't done any checking in the program for the libs, so it will crash if you try it without this libs in your system, but windows handle the situation correctly.  Sorry about that.  :redface:

daydreamer

Quote from: felipe on April 23, 2018, 06:26:01 AM
Ok, here it is another demo. Fullscreen, escape (and finish the program) with the esc key. Made with a nice model from DAYDREAMER. .exe attached.
Special notes: I was having the approach of test the directx 9 functions (of course just a few of them) and the include files (provided from Siekmanski) and then sharing here the results. That's why the code is not too much commented (sorry). Now i think i will start a game, so i will (hopefully) take some time and upload the game and the source code (well commented) when i finish.  :icon14:

DAYDREAMER: Do you see this baby moving in your screen in a future? Maybe you should try it!  :greensml:

great Felipe, looking forward to your game
fightergame over grand canyon?
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

russellgreen

Quote from: Siekmanski on April 23, 2018, 06:40:36 AM
Yeah, MIG31.jpg is not included in the zip

Quote from: felipe on April 23, 2018, 08:46:10 AM
:icon_exclaim: Please note the program will not run if you haven't installed this runtime libraries

Slow down felipe, catch your breath...

Still a work in progress, I gather. But thats not a bad thing.

Hope that you get it all together, and thanks for keeping us updated on your progress.   :t

daydreamer

I've seen in my game Dev book that you can use a grid in a bmp filled with different animation frames in each,in this case I could make it with a smaller airplane, if you are interested?
It's nice to see you show your progress step by step

my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

felipe

daydreamer it would be nice if you want. Thanks.  :icon14:

daydreamer

still interested in continue this Felipe?
an aircraft game needs ofcourse several types of planes so you can see difference between you and your wingmans jets and opposing airforce
and different kinds of choices of greenish camoflage or greyish,best would be if someone mastered d3d9 multitextures so you can customize your jets with choose between different countries markings
modern airfighting ofcourse you need to have missiles if you dont want to make very old jet wars with gatling cannons
my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
Like SIMD coding

felipe

i may be interested  :icon14:, unfortunately that doesn't mean i have the time of doing it... :(

daydreamer

It would be nice if some of us team up for a game or demo,different talents combined,alone harder to make a good game if you lack skill in (me)music or graphics
Also a game always end up unfinished (me) alone,but a team could code several different modules if we work out some standard for proc calling and same global data structure
my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
Like SIMD coding