Author Topic: Another slimebag bits the dust.  (Read 429 times)

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
Another slimebag bits the dust.
« on: May 12, 2018, 11:43:59 AM »
I am still fascinated at how blatant the attempts at ripoff are on Youtube. Warner Music tried claiming ownership on this track when I first posted it and landed flat on their arse for doing it yet Youtube have allowed another slimy bag of sh*t to try again on the same track.
Hi Steve Hutchesson,

Good news! After reviewing your dispute, The Orchard Music has decided to release their copyright claim on your YouTube video.

Video title: "Ramon Montoya 1936 Solea"

- The YouTube Team
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin:

felipe

• Eagles are just great!
Re: Another slimebag bits the dust.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 12:07:31 PM »
Glad to see you winning this dispute. You are a leader here, so you should be treated good in other places too. :bgrin:  :greenclp:  :idea:
Felipe.

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 01:09:16 PM »
Its more a case of being pissed off at the inconvenience of having to keep track of perfectly legal videos to ensure some slimebag does not succeed in monetizing your work. I beat Warner Music on this track last year but Youtube allowed Orchard Music to try and grab monetizing rights to a soundtrack that they have never owned and that is no longer protected by copyright.

My Youtube site is specifically not monetized and I use it to test out videos that I make and the set of 10 Montoya tracks was to contribute something useful that was of interest to people who like good Flamenco. What these greedy bastards are trying to do is steal other people's work and make money out of it. This form of theft can be done with no notification from Youtube and I found it by doing a check on the copyright claims on my videos.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Siekmanski

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 03:25:17 PM »
Maybe you should make a video and mention that Warner Music and Orchard Music tried to monetize your work.
Just to piss them off and warn other companies.
Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

daydreamer

• reach for the stars
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 06:27:42 PM »
thats great Steve :greenclp: :t
Quote from Flashdance
Nick  :  When you give up your dream, you die.
*wears a flameproof asbestos suit*