News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

SWGPTG - 02 - Drawing Basic Shapes

Started by avcaballero, May 15, 2018, 10:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avcaballero

Starting making one of the previous lesson quiz for a few compilers 32 and 64 bits

avcaballero

I have added some basic shapes using the standard GDI functions. Only in TinyC folder, the others is the same.

This is quite powerful in the sense that you can draw bitmaps on the fly than you can use in your own windows objects.

Really anyone interested? If so I don't like to speak to myself. Any feedback and code will be welcome.

PS. When maximize the smile face window it get quite slow. Fortunatelly it can be improved with our drawing routines.

Siekmanski

QuoteReally anyone interested?

:t I am.

Always want to learn and see how routines are done by other people.

I think it is a cool idea to discuss the different methods to create one effect.
Demo effects are a great resource for building games too. ( many of the game techniques stem from Demos )
Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

felipe

Hey caballero this is a great contribution, thank you  :icon14:. I can't promise to be a good student, but surely i will have a look to the code when i get the time. You should keep with your courses when there are interest, i agree with that (that's also a good idea to make students better), but please don't delete what you upload, is good for the forum and when some people get the time to learn about this issue they will come here too.  :idea:

avcaballero

I almos forgot. Though I don't like much PeekMessage, here is a way to use it and stabilizing the fps, painting the fps on the screen. Ie, a way to write text to the screen using standard GDI functions.

I know that there's a way to optimize it, maybe using the function Sleep, that decreases the resources used. But, no time to chase it. If anyone knows how to do it, would be nice to tell us :t

felipe

:icon14: This is great, thank you very much.

avcaballero

First shape made by hand. Bresenham lines

avcaballero

More on basic shapes: circles. Fractal of Apolonio.

And more with Aldus haza. HIEEERBA.

Siekmanski

Very interesting routine, thanks.  8)
Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

daydreamer

my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

HSE

Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

avcaballero

Hello, I'm moving my graphic tutos here. A work in progress.

avcaballero

Plasma made with poasm, 32 and 64 bits

avcaballero

Hello

I have started the third chapter (palette) with two examples at the moment, if anyone interested. All the compilers have worked well for 32 and 64 bits, except GoAsm for the 64 bits plasma and the palette builder for 32 bits. NasmX also fails for both examples for 64 bits. If anyone find the problem, please, tell me, in other case, I will check it when I have time.

Regards

avcaballero

Keep working with Palette examples, here a classical bars demo in 32 and 64 bits, made in fasm.