Main Menu

SWGPTG - 02 - Drawing Basic Shapes

Started by avcaballero, May 15, 2018, 10:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avcaballero

My version of polar rose is in my site, with source code

avcaballero

avcaballero

Updated the fifth chapter with the bouncing ball demo and the relationship between Pythagoras' theorem and circumferences

HSE

Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

avcaballero

daydreamer

Quote from: caballero on December 09, 2019, 05:01:12 AM
This chapter translated to English and some new code.
maybe better to reorder math from simpler pythagoras and circlemaking sine and cosine to be before the more advanced rotation formula which is based on the previous its made from same radius on both the old angle and the new angle
good work with making that chapter :thumbsup:
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

avcaballero

Better show first Pythagoras than complex numbers and rotation? Maybe. Thank you anyway  :thumbsup:

avcaballero

I have started the chapter of graphics demos, here is a "raining drops" demo. Note that the window is a 512x512 size that will facilitate me the calculation of random points through xorshifts functions. The use of the standard c rand function is heavy and would lead to a greater increase in CPU usage. In this case it is inappreciable. It may take me a little longer to start with this chapter because I would like to leave the asm versions of the previous ones.

Chapter 6 started here, only in Spanish for the moment
http://abreojosensamblador.epizy.com/?Tarea=5&SubTarea=6

HSE

Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

avcaballero

This time a flag demo to show how useful may be the sine/cosine function. There's an interesting tricky here: though there are 360 degrees we can reduce them to 255 and play with binary functions (and) instead of divisions (module). This is a quite simple example too and is quite easy to design your own flag too.

avcaballero

Iznogoode

Thank you caballero for these fascinating works.  I'm reading your first posts and some chapters of Charles Petzold's book (Programming Windows - fith edition) are very useful for understanding any aspects of your work.  Thank you very much !

avcaballero

Thank you to you. That is a really good book  :thumbsup:

avcaballero

Blur effect is quite important because is used in many graphic demos. This sample is a bit more elaborated, uses blurring that gives a 3d sensation, observe the rhodonea path, and we are here I have added a text scrolling with pixel clipping and a tune in the background. Everything in 108kb uncompressed that could be 17kb compressed.

daydreamer

nice work Carlos :thumbsup:

how is your take on make simplest tunnel and more advanced?

my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding