News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

SWGPTG - 02 - Drawing Basic Shapes

Started by avcaballero, May 15, 2018, 10:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avcaballero

:biggrin: Don't know if you refer to me, because my name is Alfonso, if this would be the case... I will focus this subject a bit later, you can get a good reference here:

https://lodev.org/cgtutor/tunnel.html

daydreamer

Quote from: caballero on December 31, 2019, 06:19:36 AM
:biggrin: Don't know if you refer to me, because my name is Alfonso, if this would be the case... I will focus this subject a bit later, you can get a good reference here:

https://lodev.org/cgtutor/tunnel.html
I meant Caballero
thanks, I like your turning tunnel in other thread,but I think it can be made with a different approach,make curved tunnel in C and use break; in loop when detect its turned into hidden pixels
related to tunnels are star gate animation that start when you step thru it

my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

avcaballero

I've just uploaded many of the examples for 6th chapter at the moment only in Spanish. I have reduced the compilers to fasm, poasm and tinyc, I am too old to manage others that are basically the same. At the moment all of them are in tinyc and some in fasm, I will populate ASAP. Here the examples in tinyc.

Here the codes compiled for now.

Edited: all the demos for the sixth chapter up today

daydreamer

Quote from: caballero on January 03, 2020, 04:32:05 AM
I've just uploaded many of the examples for 6th chapter at the moment only in Spanish. I have reduced the compilers to fasm, poasm and tinyc, I am too old to manage others that are basically the same. At the moment all of them are in tinyc and some in fasm, I will populate ASAP. Here the examples in tinyc.

Here the codes compiled for now.
looks good,except when maximize maybe it would help to use "round pixels",in fireworks
your sine/cosine LUT inspired me to experiment and got spinning kinda Milky way
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

avcaballero

I think that the full screen fireworks do not look bad, obviously you could increase the resolution with a higher CPU load, the current version hardly uses it. Other demos of fireworks that I have seen make intensive use of the CPU.

avcaballero

I have tried to upload several images and programs for the sixth chapter but it seems that the server rejects them and I do not see the reason very well, maybe it is that I have exceeded some file limit or something (it is a freeware hosting)... I am already beginning to be older to fight with such stupid things.

If there is anyone there, I would appreciate if you could try the program that I attached here (which I have also tried to attach to my site). This is a bumpmapping demo, for this I have used a standard Windows font called "Impact". And this is where my doubt comes: if really everyone would have it in their system and if someone would appear in a way that exceeded the window boundaries.

You should move your mouse over the windows for the demo take effect.   :thumbsup:

Regards

HSE

Apparently it's not possible to see anything... fortunately look like if my mouse have a lantern  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Impact is here  :thumbsup:
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

FORTRANS

Hi,

Quote from: caballero on January 04, 2020, 07:49:15 AM
If there is anyone there, I would appreciate if you could try the program that I attached here (which I have also tried to attach to my site). This is a bumpmapping demo, for this I have used a standard Windows font called "Impact". And this is where my doubt comes: if really everyone would have it in their system and if someone would appear in a way that exceeded the window boundaries.

It runs here on Windows 2000.  Impact font is
shown in "Control Panel", "Fonts".

Regards,

Steve N.

Siekmanski

Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

avcaballero

Hey!, thank you for your help, guys!  :thumbsup:

avcaballero

Hello, I have updated the sixth chapter for plasmas, static and dynamic. I attached here several samples related to plasmas:

- PlasmaEstaticoWC01. A static plasma example.
- PlasmaDinamicoWC01. The same as before, but this time is dynamic.
- PaletaPlasmaWF01. This program shows the palete used by the plasma. It is very useful to know if the palette is adecuated for so.
- CubeCTexPlasmaMModWC01. A 3d rotating cube with a dynamic plasma for corrected texture.

Any feedback would be welcome, as ever  :thumbsup:

Regards

avcaballero

Hello, a note on dumping the palette structure miPaleta. TinyC allows to dump it as a integer, that in the end it is what it is, but strictly speaking it is a structure and it should be treated as is. So the right way to use it, that is what PellesC and others c expect is:

color = miPaleta[i].Azul | (miPaleta[i].Verde<<8) | (miPaleta[i].Rojo << 16);

This is the right way, more than casting it. I use in TinyC "color = miPaleta" because TinyC allows me to do so and it is smaller and smarter. With above you may loose a few cycles but don't believe that you could realize that.

Regards.

mineiro

I'd rather be this ambulant metamorphosis than to have that old opinion about everything