Author Topic: Zen story...  (Read 1308 times)

Caché GB

• MASM IS HOT
Re: Zen story...
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2018, 08:49:56 AM »
Yes Siekmanski is correct in that there are classes on the net. Say for example one is struggling with some concept in math,
well there are plenty dedicated math channels on YouTube.  In fact there are many fields of study with  dedicated  channels
there. If you want to supplement your studies you will more often than not find something somewhere. Both MIT and Stanford
regularly film there lectures and put them on their open university platforms.

It all boils down to this:-
If a person wants to do something, they will find a way. If they don't they will find an excuse.
Caché GB's 1 and 0-nly language:MASM

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2018, 11:08:06 AM »
I believe that every human being has a right of good education, healthcare and a reasonable welfare system. ( for those who really can not work ). I believe this should be paid out of taxes, without this system it is not possible.

Just read this here:
My last ambulance ride was $1300 for four miles. Insurance paid all but $500 of that. The ER bill was $8000 of which I paid $2000. Yes, I have health insurance through my US employer.

I had a standard stress test done for heart function. The total billing on that was $12,000, of which the insurance company’s negotiated rate is $5500 and I will end up paying about $1200 of.
:dazzled: (if I remember well, my last "standard stress test for heart function" was around 100 bucks...)

> My last ambulance ride was $1300 for four miles
40€ for up to 15km, in those rare cases when the national health care doesn't pay for some reason.

daydreamer

• reach for the stars
« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2018, 04:40:49 PM »
Yes Siekmanski is correct in that there are classes on the net. Say for example one is struggling with some concept in math,
well there are plenty dedicated math channels on YouTube.  In fact there are many fields of study with  dedicated  channels
there. If you want to supplement your studies you will more often than not find something somewhere. Both MIT and Stanford
regularly film there lectures and put them on their open university platforms.

It all boils down to this:-
If a person wants to do something, they will find a way. If they don't they will find an excuse.
I dont know what school I saw when watching tvshow called "first class",it had a blind indian female professor,filmed class 5-6 episodes and she was one of the greatest teacher I had seen
it was some business class she was professor in,but it had lots of psychology in it,as its needed to understand how and why customers act to do the right things to market Products and not end up in a complete failure marketing new Product(s),because you did wrong assumptions about customers Think when choosing Products

there was also other very interesting class about optimist-pessimist and how you can train yourself to be more optimistic,the need for fun is necesserary for having mentalt Health
so old sayings like "a good laugh,prolongs your Life" has some scientific truth in it
Quote from Flashdance
Nick  :  When you give up your dream, you die.
*wears a flameproof asbestos suit*