Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Tita in labyrinths

Started by felipe, June 04, 2018, 02:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

felipe

:biggrin: Tita in labyrinths...
:icon_eek: You have post this game before, wtf?
:biggrin: Features: Same logic as before...
:icon_confused: What?
:biggrin: The game is the same as before...
:eusa_snooty: What's wrong with this dude?...
:biggrin: The game is far from been optimized...
:icon_eek: Ok, stop please...
:biggrin: I have ported the game into 64 bits...
:shock: Ok, i see...
:biggrin: I have done this as an exercise, also i have uploaded here this because tita was my first game for 32 bits. Also it can help others to get closer to 64 bits...
;) Ok, i like that...
:biggrin: The logic as i say is the same and all is the same as the 32 bits version. It was just ported to 64 bits. There wasn't an intention to optimize the game nor to improve it or to make a change on it. It is not worthed i think...
;) Ok, anything else?...
:biggrin: Of course! complete source code included.
:greenclp:
:biggrin: the .exe attached...
:t

:P

zedd151

Okay, I downloaded and tried it out. What is the object of the game?
I simply don't understand.   :(

I see no labrynths, or are they 'hidden'?

also I looked at the code and see numerous 32 bit registers, is that intentional or an oversight during the conversion?

It seems too work, but as I don't understand fully the object of the game cannot comment further.

zedd151

Found the 32 bit version here.

This version seems to work exactly the same, congrats! But I still don't get the game. How to 'win'??  :icon_confused:

maybe I'm just 'slow'..   :P

aw27

Runs well here and the code style follows the "do it rough and without mercy" fashion, which I adopt as well (most of the time).  :t

Hi Zed, the labyrinths are there. May be something is missing or was cut short in your system.

zedd151

Quote from: AW

Hi Zed, the labyrinths are there. May be something is missing in your system.

That is quite possible. I have been tweaking Windows 10 to death trying to get the OS small as possible due to small 32 GB hard drive.

can you post a screen capture?

This is what I have:

zedd151

Odd that. I knew something was amiss. lemme try running it from an unaldulterated copy of Win 10, or even WinPE.....

>>> a little later -->>>

I don't have a backup of the original install of Win 10, but on WinPE I get the same result.  :icon_confused:

I'm sure it is a nice little game.

felipe

zedd from this page of microsoft:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/winpe-intro i read:
QuoteWindows PE is not a general-purpose operating system. It may not be used for any purpose other than deployment and recovery.
And also:
QuoteWindows PE does not support any of the following:
Running 64-bit apps on the 32-bit version of Windows PE.

So i guess that even if you have the winpe 64 version you will have problems when trying to use this "tool" as a general purpose windows OS.  :idea:

AW thanks for trying it.  :icon14:

felipe

Quote from: zedd151 on June 04, 2018, 02:21:22 PM
also I looked at the code and see numerous 32 bit registers, is that intentional or an oversight during the conversion?

This is normal behavior, even lots of windows api variables will still be 32 bits.  :idea:

Btw, thanks for trying it too zedd.  :icon14:

zedd151

quoting Microsoft ....
Quote from: felipe
...Windows PE is not a general-purpose operating system. It may not be used for any purpose other than deployment and recovery.

[rant]

No kidding. It is a tool I use for whatever purposes I need, including cleaning the garbage they put into Windows 10 Home Edition. It is very helpful in escaping the intrusive Full Windows 10 version. I'll be damned if Micros**t tells me what to have or not on MY system, and I'm tired of my executables getting deleted from MY hard drive, by 'Defender;   MrT  (I pity da fool) and whatever other tricks they try to pull.

I have great ire against Micro$oft. Have you seen the amount of data they collect? The further up the road they get the worse they become. Micros**t, Google and others have become the largest Trojan programming organization on the planet. There is a good reason why I have shut down Windows Update completely. I have a nice Clean Running Non Intrusive Windows operating system now.
[/rant]

Also regarding the above quote from Micros**t, They should tell the dozens of companies that package their own (Not MS) recovery, backup, and other utilities around and to run on WinPE. So that quote by itself is inaccurate.

Sorry for the rant, it is not directed towards you, you seem to mean well.

Btw, thanks for trying it too zedd

It looks like a nice little game.   :t

Siekmanski

Nice little game. works on win 8.1
Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

felipe

Thanks for trying it siekmanski.  :icon14:

Quote from: zedd151 on June 05, 2018, 05:38:33 AM
you seem to mean well.

:biggrin:

Zedd i understand you, that's why i use windows 8.1... :bgrin: Is much less intrusive and controllable, i think that you will like  :idea:. As regard with what you have done with your OS i will said that if it can't run an app that only uses the kernel32.dll (as the main front let's say) probably you have broken it a little... :idea:

zedd151

Quote from: felipeprobably you have broken it a little...

Isn't the first time, either.  :(
But I'm working on a better approach using 'dism.exe' to clean up unwanted components.

My taskbar and start menu are screwed up a little as well.

At any rate, that is some nice code. Reminds me of old dos games.
I never knew how to code like that for the console.

felipe

Actually windows supplies nice console functions. You can have a look to tita 32 bits or other console programs in this forum. Also the win api docs will help you a lot. Also (not an expert here), but if you have a question with it maybe i can help.  :idea:

aw27

Quote from: zedd151 on June 05, 2018, 07:48:12 AM
Isn't the first time, either.  :(

It looks like there is something wrong with the video drivers