Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Tita in labyrinths

Started by felipe, June 04, 2018, 02:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zedd151

Quote from: AW
It looks like there is something wrong with the video drivers

That's sound advice,  or should I say video advice.  You you are probably 100 %  correct

I'm my haste to get my OS down to a more manageable size,  I purposely neglected to install drivers.  The ones supplied by MS seem to work fairly well and no complaints or error messages from any programs that I run.   But I will now try to install just the video drivers and not the complete install without the gui interface for adjustments I'll never make.  As soon as I get home from work.

Sorry felipe for the hijack,  had to reply to aw

Later-------------------------------------------------------------------;

I reinstalled the video driver package. Have the same results, sad to say. I've done so much tinkering on this box it's hard to know which 'tinker' is causing this bug.

When I have a free weekend afternoon, I will do a complete factory reinstall of Windows 10 and the full driver ensemble. Of course I will not keep my computer set up that way.  I will re install my lighter version of Windows 10 from a backup. (That only takes 8 minutes or less to reinstall)

daydreamer

Quote from: felipe on June 05, 2018, 07:54:21 AM
Actually windows supplies nice console functions. You can have a look to tita 32 bits or other console programs in this forum. Also the win api docs will help you a lot. Also (not an expert here), but if you have a question with it maybe i can help.  :idea:
nice Little game,but it doesnt work properly when rendering the 4 ghosts  :P
just kidding,great to make a 64bit game :t
so with so much experience with console games, you can tell all the escape codes?

my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

felipe

:biggrin: I have actually used the Virtual-Key Codes.  And in my laters console programs i have used the easy name: VK_LEFT, VK_SPACE, ETC.  :idea: The code above was the first of the console games i did and when i ported to 64 bits now, i didn't intended almost any improvement (even with the comments).  :idea:
Pacman has always been a great game.  :icon14:

felipe

Btw, thanks for trying it daydreamer. I hope you have enjoyed yesterday your national day celebration.  :t

I mean yesterday according to the forum date, i really don't know the date there in sweden.  :idea:

jj2007

Quote from: zedd151 on June 04, 2018, 04:30:45 PMThis is what I have:
Same for me on Win7-64 - no labyrinth, just one line of stars. It seems, though, that it prints the labyrinth lines, unfortunately all of them to the same row. Check your data section, and remember what CrLf means. Screenshot below.

daydreamer

Quote from: felipe on June 07, 2018, 01:49:59 AM
Btw, thanks for trying it daydreamer. I hope you have enjoyed yesterday your national day celebration.  :t

I mean yesterday according to the forum date, i really don't know the date there in sweden.  :idea:
Thanks, about 5 hours left of it
No I meant you become expert on this :
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/console/console-virtual-terminal-sequences
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

aw27

Felipe,
You need to set the console window size to 80x25, it is not enough SetConsoleScreenBufferSize. This explains some problems.

jj2007

True but that doesn't solve the CrLf problem.

zedd151

Quote from: jj200
Same for me on Win7-64 - no labyrinth, just one line of stars. It seems, though, that it prints the labyrinth lines, unfortunately all of them to the same row. Check your data section, and remember what CrLf means. Screenshot below.

A-ha,  I  was troubleshooting flaws on my end.  I hadn't thought about debugging the executable.

felipe

That's weird. Don't know how the size of the console window can affect this. I had resize the window (using the system menu of the console window) and i can't see anything similar to the zedd and jj screenshots.  :idea:
And what's wrong with the crlf?  :idea:

Btw, thanks for trying it jj2007.  :icon14:

jj2007

aw27

Quote from: felipe on June 07, 2018, 03:04:54 PM
That's weird. Don't know how the size of the console window can affect this. I had resize the window (using the system menu of the console window) and i can't see anything similar to the zedd
It is not by resizing it is when the default size is not  80x25 that we will see it.

zedd151

Quote from: AW on June 07, 2018, 04:46:57 PM

It is not by resizing it is when the default size is not  80x25 that we will see it.

Right click on title bar, select properties, in the 'Layout' tab change width to 80 and height to 25. uncheck "let system position Window" and uncheck "Wordwrap"

That does the trick . now the game displays the labrinths.

New screenshot. Reduced physical size to 75% and converted to gif for filesize

Just think I was ready to undertake a reinstall of an unmodified Windows 10.   :dazzled:

jj2007

Quote from: zedd151 on June 07, 2018, 06:09:38 PMuncheck "Wordwrap"
Interesting - no such option on Win7, so that seems a new feature on Win10.

Still no labyrinth on Win7, simply because the CrLfs aren't what they should be. Strange that it works on Win10, though. And Felipe has lost interest, it seems.

zedd151

Have you tried resizing the console window jj?