Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Having a problem with help file - masm32.chm

Started by grixxles, July 13, 2018, 11:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grixxles

Hi everyone

I am having a problem with one of the help files - masm32.chm.
I am trying to determine whether or not the problem lies with this particular file, or if it may be a problem at my end.
The problem occurs at the following link (see attached image):

index - Full Listing.

Then click on any link, in right panel, which is preceded by a dot (eg .BREAK or .CODE or .DATA etc)
Instead of the correct page being returned, the result is:

This page can't be displayed
Make sure the web address //ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff.htm# is correct.
Look for the page with your search engine.
Refresh the page in a few minutes.

Can anyone else replicate the problem? Or is it just me?
If its the file, anyone know how to fix it?
Many thanks for any assistance that can be offered.
Regards,
grixxles

zedd151

First and foremost - Welcome to the forum!   :t

Is your Masm32 folder in the root directory of a drive, i.e., C:\masm32\  or D:\masm32\ etc., etc., etc... Possible there is a problem with your masm32 installation.  Masm32 must be in the root directory of a drive to work properly.

I have to problems here.  Which version of Windows are you running? and Which Internet browser?

Is this the only place where the problem occurs?

... which is preceded by a dot (eg .BREAK or .CODE or .DATA etc)....

hutch--

I think the problem is that Microsoft slightly changed how a CHM file is read, mainly with leading punctuation. The file did work properly in earlier OS versions but I think it was Win7 64 upwards that it occurred. Things like this are the reason why I had to design a different system for the 64 bit version of MASM that was not subject to changes by Microsoft.

I have attached the HTM source files for the dot prefix topics at the URL  below.

http://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=7276.0

zedd151

Quote from: hutch--
Win7 64 upwards that it occurred.

Windows 7 64 bit works fine, with IE 8.

felipe

Hello grixxles. This is very interesting i had always the same issue and i always had thought that this was like that because like this project is and was made in a volunteer basis, that hutch just didn't wrote something for all the topics in the help file  :P. I always said ok doesn't matter, i already know that anyway  :biggrin:.

Nice to know this now. Thanks for your interest in getting more information that can help you to learn, welcome to the forum. And thanks hutch (again) for suppliying the "missing" help files in the other thread.  :icon14: :icon14:

daydreamer

my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

P1

grixxles,

Welcome to most Powerful Programming Language to a Programmer !!!  And our wonderful discussion forum too !!!

I have had different issues with using help files too.

What OS are you using?

Try using the help file from within QEditor, and externally, by click the file directly.  Let us know what happens.

Regards,  Michael,  AKA P1

jj2007

If nothing else helps, try xHelp for qEditor.exe; that should work, and has also a better search facility.