Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Maybe I'm doing something dilly..

Started by K_F, July 28, 2018, 05:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K_F

Hi Ramon,

Maybe I've missed something but I cannot get the Object Properties, and Project Explorer windows to appear.
As in the pics you can see the windows are enabled, but 'invisible'.

Added to that when I select an object in the visual editor, the 'Properties' menu item is disabled ?

I'm going around in circles at the moment...
I haven't played on the 2000 editor for a while and wonder if I've disabled something.

Thanks for any help
Van
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

rsala

Hi Van,

I am afraid that for some reason the IDE height and width have become greater than the screen height and width, so the Object Properties and Project Explorer are visible but they are just "out of the screen view" and that is why the Properties menu item is disabled when you select an object (this menu item is only enabled when the Object Properties is hidden).

Please close any instance of EC, open your EasyCode.ini file (or any other custom ".ini" file you have created), search for the MainHeight, MainLeft, MainTop and MainWidth entries and left them empty like that:

MainHeight=
MainLeft=
MainTop=
MainWidth=

This will make the left, top, height and width to get their default values. Now save the ".ini" file and run EasyCode.exe.

Regards,

Ramon
EC coder

K_F

Thanks Ramon, but that didn't work.
What I did do, was delete the 'easycode.ini' file and it restarted fine = all working well.

This must have had something to do with copying the whole Easycode2000 folder from my PC (1920x1080) to my laptop which has a resolution of 1366x768.

:)
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

rsala

Glad to hear all is working well.  :t

Deleting the 'easycode.ini' file is always the best solution, but I just tried to avoid you losing the whole configuration.
EC coder