Author Topic: How programming works.....  (Read 7232 times)

mineiro

Re: How programming works.....
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2018, 08:27:19 PM »
I do not remember having read that the earth is flat in the bible, only that it is wrapped in a dome. God (Yahweh) has no form, is omnipresent; the work of Michelangelo became famous because it gave form to the God, human form in the case. The way we think about angels today is his trademark, angels are asexual, but Michelangelo has put sex in these forms.

St. Thomas Aquinas (theological sum) strengthened the Church, demonstrating that there is no conflict between faith and reason.
It's something like Dante Alighieri's Divine Comedy. Dante had a philosophical and Christian character, and in his work tells the story of a character who walks between hell, purgatory and paradise. While reading the book we identify with beings in the three spheres, we want to finish reading to see if we can save ourselves, or identify more with characters from paradise.

Miracle is something that science does not explain, and if you try it through numbers, in a rational way. A good example to instigate science is Priest Pio of Pietrelcina. Another example is Jesus resurrection. Some (liberation theology) say that it is a symbolic event, that it has not resurrected but that only its teachings continue among us. Well, it is explicit that he has risen, in the flesh. One counter argument used is that if God is omnipresent then how the devil was born. The devil was an angel, he did not tempted God, he tempted us humans. Jesus did not write any book, on the contrary, what he did were acts, he was the only person who passed through this planet and did not sin, did not commit adultery.

I will always respect people who have another religion or have no religion whatsoever. I am Catholic because of the religions is the only one that offers us another life outside the carnal being, the infinite. The trichotomy of the body, soul and mind.
I'd rather be this ambulant metamorphosis than to have that old opinion about everything

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2018, 08:30:12 PM »
If you choose not to go to church ... it's based on your belief there is no God.

Oh boy, I sincerely hope you don't believe the crap you are writing here :icon_eek:

If somebody doesn't go to church, that has nothing to do with a belief in god or not; it most likely means he firmly believes that people who cut off the balls from little boys to make them sing better cannot be representatives of god on this Earth.

God (Yahweh) has no form, is omnipresent; the work of Michelangelo became famous because it gave form to the God

A thousand years before Michelangelo, the catholic church struggled already with the second commandment (Idolatry):
Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the Lord your God. Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary.

— Leviticus 26:1–2, King James Bible[45]

The main reason why the church violates the 2nd commandment all the time is that through depicting god as a white old man, they hope that the sheep associate white old priests with divine authority. The wise person who wrote the 2nd commandment wanted to avoid that explicitly.

Siekmanski

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2018, 09:44:01 PM »
Who are we, where do we come from?
What do we know about the Universe, how does it work?
We know just a tiny bit how it works.
No one knows for 100%, hence Religion.

What do we know about Dark Energy?
Is it 75% of the universe?
Is it what people refer to as god?
Does it hold the secret how gravity works?

A New View on Gravity and the Cosmos by Erik Verlinde.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ovRZuv5Lo8

I have the same view as Hutch that anyone can believe anything as long as they don't try and force you to believe what they believe.

For me religious belief is nothing more than an opinion.
Don't know where I got this phrase from but it has been stuck forever in my mind.

A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.

Does this explain fundamentalist religions?

If you are an atheist, I guess that you are convinced that there isn't any God. Thus there's no absence of belief, but a belief of absence of something. Something that noone is able to demonstrate that doesn't exists, so you need of faith for your believe. Hence we are talking about a religion here.

This is difficult to answer without knowing what god is.
You can't solve an unknown if an equation holds an unknown at both sides.

belief = 0
god = 0
existence = TRUE = 1

belief = god * existence
god = belief / existence

If I believe a wallpaper is greenish-blue and you believe it is blue-greenish, did we start a new religion?
Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

Yuri

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2018, 09:57:11 PM »
Oh boy, I sincerely hope you don't believe the crap you are writing here :icon_eek:

If somebody doesn't go to church, that has nothing to do with a belief in god or not; it most likely means he firmly believes that people who cut off the balls from little boys to make them sing better cannot be representatives of god on this Earth.

Crap is in your comment. I was writing about an agnostic, not just somebody.

And, of course, if that somebody doesn't believe in God, it's a perfectly valid reason for him not to go to church. Why the former has nothing to do with the latter in your wonderful little head, I have no idea.

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2018, 10:37:12 PM »
RE : Old white man with a long white beard. In my youth there was a joke going around of a black guy who found a magic lantern that had a genie that granted him one wish. The guy ask to be made "All White, Uptight and Outasite" so the genie turned him into a tampon.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

caballero

• abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2018, 11:19:11 PM »
Is wallpaper any kind of deity?
The logic of the error is hidden among the most unexpected lines of the program

AW

• Let's Make ASM Great Again!
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2018, 11:58:33 PM »
You have to prove as well that GOD does care about what you are phuking doing in here.
Odds are it does not give a damn, you can insult GOD, its mother, son, holy spirits and the whole army of Heaven angels to your hearts content and nothing wrong will happen to you.
Don't be selfish to the point of believing that you are important and that GOD is watching you.

This assumes that GOD, whatever it phuking is, exists. Stephen Hawking says GOD was not needed to create the Universe, but I have not read yet his book and he might have written that due to its distress.  :icon_confused:

mineiro

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2018, 12:24:37 AM »
The main reason why the church violates the 2nd commandment all the time is that through depicting god as a white old man, they hope that the sheep associate white old priests with divine authority. The wise person who wrote the 2nd commandment wanted to avoid that explicitly.
Hello sir jj2007, yes, I agree with you.
Michelangelo was excommunicated by the pope after painting the Sistine Chapel, not only because he had given forms, but because he had been charged by the Catholic Church for his work. Art has value, money.
The idea I suppose came from the fact that the son of God, Jesus, came in human form; his image and likeness.

I try, as far as possible, to be rational, and I hope I will not do any slander or blasphemy. Something I've always asked is: Why did not teach us how to turn water into wine, or else, the miracle of fish multiplication, would end hunger on the planet.
Something I learned is do not judge while reading any book, if the book says that a square is a circle believe, only after reading the book is that we can say that a square is not a circle. The issue here is faith, faith moves mountains, has been taught us but we have not learned.
There is more between heaven and earth than our vain philosophy.
I'd rather be this ambulant metamorphosis than to have that old opinion about everything

Siekmanski

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2018, 12:37:23 AM »
Is wallpaper any kind of deity?

:biggrin:

Off course not, wallpaper is a fact while god is not.
So wallpaper can not be a god.

My point was, atheism is not a belief system.
Religion is not without belief.
Atheism is the absence of belief in the existence of deities. ( read: abcence of belief )

Until someone proves what god is, it is a waste of time and energy believing in god.

caballero

• abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2018, 01:38:57 AM »
read: abcence of belief
This is the point we don't meet :biggrin:
As I see, the atheism is the belief of not existence of any deism :t

Siekmanski

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2018, 04:08:09 AM »
hahaha... spaghetti with words.  :biggrin:
An atheist doesn't belief, therefore the absence of belief........... etc.  :t

Why do people always try to label Atheism as a Religion?  :dazzled:
They don't have a holy book.
If there was one, it will be a very short one with one page and one sentence.

caballero

• abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2018, 04:35:37 AM »
The absence of belief is in agnosticism. Both believers and atheists believe, first ones in God, second ones in the nonexistence of any god. Neither of them can prove their belief, so they need their faith. The existence or not of a sacred book is irrelevant.

Look at Conan, he believe in Crom, without a sacred book, but no one would doubt that Crom be a God. Look, he doesn't even pray to him. :lol:

Siekmanski

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2018, 04:46:24 AM »
You are funny.  :biggrin:

nidud

• https://github.com/nidud/asmc
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2018, 05:09:42 AM »
 :biggrin:

Heaven and earth is separated by a river called Iordan. The purpose of these earth dwellers was to gather as much gold they could muster during their lifetime and then fill up a boat with all their earthly possessions. Two coins should be put over their eyes to pay the ferryman but the Danes usually grab more than the coins thought. The gold body was then taken up to Heaven for further processing.

The good old days.

Siekmanski

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2018, 02:33:47 AM »
Hi Alfonso,

Found a cool video for you.  :t

5 Wrong Assumptions Atheists Make
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYquml22N5Y