Author Topic: How programming works.....  (Read 11651 times)

Siekmanski

Re: How programming works.....
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2018, 04:22:04 AM »
I like the morals and ethics from Starfleet ( Star Trek ) based on learning, logic and reasoning.  :biggrin:

We come in peace.
Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

AW

• Let's Make ASM Great Again!
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2018, 05:52:56 AM »
Saying hello from London, the most religion and race tolerant place in the World. Arghhh.  :icon_rolleyes:

nidud

• https://github.com/nidud/asmc
« Reply #62 on: August 15, 2018, 06:50:19 AM »
So to be religious is to believe in evil to justify doing evil which is evil. Sounds evil but nevertheless logical.

Siekmanski

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2018, 07:20:13 AM »
Did you just quoted the holy book?

Other historical examples of violent and unjust acts supported by biblical teachings include:
the Inquisition; the Crusades; the burning of witches; religious wars; pogroms against Jews; persecution of homosexuals; forceful conversions of heathens; slavery; beatings of children; brutal treatment of the mentally ill; suppression of scientists; and whippings, mutilations, and violent executions of persons convicted of crimes.
Those acts were a regular part of the Christian world for centuries.

Q: Is religion evil ?

Some Cruelties and Contradictions in the Bible.

The list is so long I had to zip it.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 08:33:24 AM by Siekmanski »

felipe

• At least we are not alone...
« Reply #64 on: August 15, 2018, 12:11:23 PM »
Nice pic Aw.  :icon_cool:
No remarkable words at all...

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #65 on: August 15, 2018, 03:59:29 PM »
 :biggrin:

Then on the other hand we have Pol Pot, Nazi-ism, world wide massacres of indigenous populations for their land, the mongol invasion of Eurasia and a massive list of others, what's new ? There are many excuses for appalling conduct, religion is just one of many. Now after seeing the world full of non religious conduct, doesn't it make you wanna worship Krishna ?  :P
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2018, 07:40:08 PM »
Pol Pot & friends are surely good examples of atrocities committed not in the name of God. But here is a very recent report about what the representatives of the Christian God did to kids in the richest country of the World, under the eyes of the authorities. It happens all the time, not in Cambodia but in "civilised" rich OECD countries.

Siekmanski

« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2018, 07:53:28 PM »
I agree with that Hutch, ideology and evil leaders can be just as bad as religion.

doesn't it make you wanna worship Krishna ?  :P

Nahh, don't like their haircuts.  :biggrin:

I worship the great Masm Assembler, it is scientifically proven a real creator.

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2018, 10:33:07 PM »
The link that JJ posted refers to a very unfortunate situation that is very old, I had a friend that was born in 1901 and he told me his father took him out of the Catholic school due to the risk to children. I see it as the consequence of a decision made by the Catholic church about 800 years ago that required the clergy to be celibate and that was a reaction to earlier high up clergy living a lifestyle that could not be seen as conforming to their core belief.

It may have solved one problem but it led to another, the long historical abuse of children by celibate clergymen and it has done untold damage to a massive number of children over hundreds of years. The solution for the Catholic church would be to require clergymen to be married family men and this would probably not be a problem as historically the nuns were also restricted in this manner. Join them up as married couples and you would remove most of the temptation.

As far as the offenders, I am happy enough to see them jailed for many years as long as the evidence is there. I am very wary of the attacks on the institution of the Catholic church, an ancient organisation with grindingly slow methods of change was generally a situation where those who were concerned just did not know how to fix it

We had a situation here in OZ where a senior Catholic clergyman as soon as he was appointed high enough as a bishop, changed many things and removed a number of offenders yet he is the target of abuse claims in what appears to be a "Catholic Revenge" approach of trying to take down someone high up in the church. I won't mention his name for normal legal reasons as matters are before a court but from listening to him in a number of interviews, he is a dry old theologian who is at the other end of the spectrum from the creeps that offended against children.

I am not personally of a Catholic background but I would prefer to see the truth rather than revenge being applied here. I would hope that the wide exposure of this problem would result in better protection of children but I would not hold my breath, money, perversions and stealth tend to find a way.

Something I should have mentioned here in OZ, the theory of "Stranger Danger" is widely promoted yet the stats show that the major risk to children is from people close to them, family members, family friends and people in authority.
hutch at movsd dot com

AW

• Let's Make ASM Great Again!
« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2018, 12:45:06 AM »
Nice pic Aw.  :icon_cool:
A picture may be worth up to 1000 words. Amen.  :icon_cool:

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2018, 01:25:35 AM »
The link that JJ posted refers to ... The solution for the Catholic church would be to require clergymen to be married family men

That might help indeed; the Maronites, part of the catholic church btw, allow marriage. But it doesn't explain why the management of that church asked their staff to burn women ("witches"), or asked them to cut the balls off little boys to make their voices "pure". The history of that church is extremely cruel, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the ideas that Jesus tried to teach his people. But sure, I have met some honest and good-willing priests and nuns, too. It is the top level that is foul and corrupt.

And not all churches are like that, to be fair. This gentlemen is archbishop of a peaceful church:

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2018, 06:39:35 AM »
I am very wary of generalising across an entire institution when finally they are made up of a large number of individuals, the vast majority of which has nothing to do with the indiscretions of the few. Addressing what is now Italy and Spain in the past, the church was an instrument of political control of the respective populations and it had been that way in much of Europe since Charlemaine who exercise the approach of convert or die. His grandfather "Charles the Hammer" Martel saved France from the Islamic version of the same convert or die. Isabella and Ferdinand used the Catholic religion in Spain for much the same purpose and conducted pogroms again Moors and Jews to reinforce that control. The long period of the inquisition under Torquemada and later maintained control by fear until Napoleon ended the inquisition.

Creating castrato is much more Italian than Catholic and with popes of early periods in Europe, they behave more like kings than clergymen and treated ordinary people in much the same way as royalty did. I can safely say this much as someone who does not have a Catholic background, the vast majority of lay Catholics are appalled by the conduct of a narrow few and I don't see that they should be the target of criticism for what a narrow few have done and I include the vast majority of the Catholic clergy as well.

We had a situation here in OZ of this disgusting politician who was at one time the Mayor of Wollongong who was commonly known to have had his wicked way with a massive number of little boys but it did catch up with him. I was down the south coast at a friend's house when an unusual murder was reported, an old dentist had been bashed to death in his unit. Shortly after there was another identical murder and this time it was this disgusting old bastard who had been plastered all over his unit.

The interviews I saw on the news with young guys who had been the victims of this old bastard said they would have liked to have been able to do it themselves. The police eventually found this deranged kid who had been a victim of similar abuse and sad to say he has been locked up and will never be released where I would have awarded him a medal for his service to society.

hutch at movsd dot com

mineiro

« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2018, 11:02:19 AM »
It is not necessary to be religious to commit atrocities, on the contrary, being religious we have a guide not to commit them. I remember the thief who asked for forgiveness at the last moment of his life and was forgiven; this is why Jesus is with his head turned to the right side on the cross.

Formerly the king spoke up and the church spoke down. It was a political dispute. How to overthrow the power of the church? Infiltrating, what happens nowadays.

The church committed atrocities, I agree. The church follows a book, the same book I follow, are just mouthpieces.

As far as I know, same sex does not reproduce; why homosexuals want to get married in church? They can marry in civil, or in other words, this is a political matter. Pedophilia is a political or civil matter, society is the one to judge; and what do you expect society to judge? Being against pedophilia. I already see the time when necrophilia, bestiality will be common, if it is not being !!!. Dogs have sex with their mothers, without guilt, this is what separates us from animals. It is not necessary to have religion to understand this.

Slavery I have already commented, but I will strengthen, who saved the people of Egypt? Were they there at leisure?
When they discovered the American continent, there were Indians. The church wanted to expand its doctrine of faith in counterpoint to the Islamism that was growing in Asia. The American Indian is polytheistic, accepts everything, while the african possesses his own religion. The Indian did not know how to plant, he looked around and saw trees and trees with fruits, he did not understand why he could plant while the africans knew. This was one of the reasons they had enslaved African. In Africa, a tribe invaded the other, an african enslaved the other and sold or bartered with the Europeans. In America, africans suffered injuries but africans formed families.
Now what I do not hear, Eastern culture imported 3 times more African slaves compared to all slaves in America and Europe combined. What happened to them? Anybody know? I know, they did not form families, they had their sex organs cut off so they would not breed.

Look, you talked about witches. In Asia, to this day, a woman who has committed adultery is stoned. The first stone is of the betrayed husband, the rest of the people. Why do not you talk about this, it's happening now. Oh yes, the witches ....

I will summarize not to put in a zipped bible file :). Why did they attack the Catholic church like Lawrence did? I will introduce you to Islam. Why do not you criticize Islamism, Hinduism, Spiritualism, Buddhism, ...? Only Catholics. I know the answer, because they know that Catholics are complacent, they have discernment between interpretation. This is a global order consequence.

The western society we know today has only reached this level because of the Catholic church.

Shoot the first stone who never sinned.
I'd rather be this ambulant metamorphosis than to have that old opinion about everything

nidud

• https://github.com/nidud/asmc
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2018, 12:55:58 PM »
The Indian did not know how to plant, he looked around and saw trees and trees with fruits, he did not understand why he could plant while the africans knew.

:biggrin:

Agriculture on the American continent can be traced back more than 10 000 years. They where the ones who domesticated the potato after all. The main crops they used was corn, beans, and squash. But true, they didn't have any cows. They where domesticated by the Africans for more than 12 000 years ago.

It takes more than 10 000 years to adapt to a new diet so these Africans are the only people who is able to eat meat, drink blood and fat milk without clogging up their veins.

As for the aboriginal Norwegians they adapted to seafood early on and some of them settled on the west coast of the continent for more than 11 000 years ago. They where the Yaghan people.

Siekmanski

« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2018, 11:40:25 PM »
The western society we know today has only reached this level because of the Catholic church.

I disagree with you, we could by at a much higher level in society without religious indoctrination.

Knowledge of Greek science deteriorated in Western Europe during the Middle Ages, caused by Christianity.
We lost at least 1000 years of scientific progression. ( Damn, I could be on a spaceship exploring the Universe by now.  :biggrin:)
We slowly picked up science again in the last 300 years. (in the fear not to be killed by religious fanatics.)

I'll keep it by 1 example,

How is it possible we live twice as long as 150 years ago?
Thanks to natural sciences (e.g. biology, chemistry, physics) and not to Christianity.

Can you give me 1 example of scientific contribution to society by religion over say, the last 300 years?