News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Adding two numbers with MASM32 ?

Started by sunshine33, August 03, 2018, 08:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoCforMe

You should be fine. Go ahead and "make" that program, run it, see what you get. Let us know.
Assembly language programming should be fun. That's why I do it.

hutch--

deer,

If you are having problems with AV crap scanning your ZIP files, password the zip file and it will not access the content. As far as normal Windows UI programs, write them with a manifest AND version control block and most of the "donkey level" av scanners will not cause any problems.

deeR44

Quote from: hutch-- on August 05, 2022, 12:03:58 PM
deer,

If you are having problems with AV crap scanning your ZIP files, password the zip file and it will not access the content. As far as normal Windows UI programs, write them with a manifest AND version control block and most of the "donkey level" av scanners will not cause any problems.

I don't know what "AV" crap is.
I don't know what a "UI" program is.
I don't know what a "manifest" is.
I don't know what a "version control block" is.

If this is just too much, I understand.

NoCforMe

Quote from: deeR44 on August 05, 2022, 12:14:39 PM
Quote from: hutch-- on August 05, 2022, 12:03:58 PM
deer,

Like I explained: hypersensitive anti-virus programs.
QuoteI don't know what a "UI" program is.
More properly "GUI", graphical user interface, like most of the Windows programs you use (Word, Excel, web browser, etc.), as opposed to "console"-type apps like the one you just wrote that only display text in a "command" (MS-DOS-like) window.
QuoteI don't know what a "manifest" is.
Something you can apply to an executable program to alter its appearance or functionality. Don't sweat it for now. Will explain one if (and when) you finish your little challenge.
QuoteI don't know what a "version control block" is.
Again, don't sweat it. You don't need it at this point.

deeR44

Thank you, NoCforMe! I appreciate it.

hutch--

:thdn:

I don't know what a "UI" program is.
I don't know what a "manifest" is.
I don't know what a "version control block" is.

Any you are giving advice about "best programming practice" ?

We have rules about people pontificating in the Campus, misleading new members. Its not as if anyone here needs your advice, especially as its out of date, 1990 MS-DOS style coding in ignorance of many years of standard Windows User Interfaces.

deeR44

Any you are giving advice about "best programming practice" ?
I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN BY THIS.

We have rules about people pontificating in the Campus, misleading new members. Its not as if anyone here needs your advice, especially as its out of date, 1990 MS-DOS style coding in ignorance of many years of standard Windows User Interfaces.
I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN BY THIS, EITHER.

hutch--

I would not recommend that you sit up at night sobbing silently while brushing away the tears so you don't make a soggy spot on the carpet.

The idea that there is a "best programming practice" for anyone to pontificate about, runs into the personal variation of each programmer who writes code as they choose and no-one is going to dictate to them how they write code.

As far as rules, the Campus is a protected forum where new members or members learning assembler will not be subject to pontification by anyone.

> I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN BY THIS.

Tuff !  :badgrin:

deeR44

Quote from: hutch-- on August 08, 2022, 06:22:40 PM
The idea that there is a "best programming practice" for anyone to pontificate about, runs into the personal variation of each programmer who writes code as they choose and no-one is going to dictate to them how they write code.
I don't know why you keep mentioning "best programming practice".

NoCforMe

His comments are aimed at me, not you. Don't you get that?

Don't sweat it. How are you coming on your programming challenge?

deeR44

Quote from: NoCforMe on August 11, 2022, 12:02:39 PM
His comments are aimed at me, not you. Don't you get that?

Don't sweat it. How are you coming on your programming challenge?

I'm working on something having to do with timed events--hh.mm. Got to separate them and manipulate them separately. Not a big deal.

NoCforMe

Sounds interesting. Post something here? Curious minds want to know.

deeR44

Quote from: NoCforMe on August 11, 2022, 12:41:38 PM
Sounds interesting. Post something here? Curious minds want to know.
Will do. I'll start on that tomorrow. OK, that would be today, later.

deeR44

Could not download your zip file. Windows said, "Couldn't download - Virus detected".

hutch--

If its the zip file, "DeeR44test.zip", there is nothing wrong with it as I have downloaded it. You may need to change your security settings in Win11.