News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Ancient MASM 6.0 Macros.

Started by hutch--, September 01, 2018, 10:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

Back around 1990 when I first started with x86 programming, MASM 6.0 was the hottest tool on the block. 6.1 came a bit later but the first version was actually a nicer tool to use. Since there has been effectively no change in the pre-processor since the introduction of ML.EXE rather than MASM.EXE which has continued basically unchanged into the 64 bit version of MASM, this ancient reference material shows you where MASM came from and how little has changed over nearly 30 years.

sinsi

Windows.inc back then - 144,585 bytes  :biggrin:

P1

Oh MY ....

DS:DX = "When assembling in debug got old ...$"  ;-)
mov ah, 09h
INT 021h

I started with MASM 5.0 on five and quarter media.

Regards,  Michael

hutch--

Funny, I have seen MASM 5.0 but never owned a copy, when I started with computers, MASM 6.0 was hot off the press so I bought that along with C version 7.0 (not vc 7) and 2 versions of BASIC, QB45 and PDS 7. Some of the notation in MASM 6.0 was designed for backwards compatibility with MASM 5.0 like the dot prefix names but it was frowned upon at the time. That has been very useful with 64 bit MASM to reserve a range of names.

felipe

I still have a copy of masm 5.0 and the version of link that worked with it in dos. Also exe2bin and maybe other.  :idea:

Btw i have found this site i think you will like it hutch  :t:

http://bytepointer.com/masm/index.htm