Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

inc2l.exe - Ordinal Not Found

Started by anta40, August 21, 2018, 02:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anta40

I'm on 64-bit Windows 10
When running the MASM32 installer (building the libs), I got several message boxes. One of them is:

"inc2l.exe - Ordinal Not Found"
"The ordinal 201 could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\AppPatch\AcGenral.DLL"

My only AV is Windows Defender, and previously I already had the real time protection disabled.
Anyone ever encounter this?

hutch--

anta40,

Do you remember which lib files would not build ? Vaguely I remember some of the printing libs were not present in Win10 so I just removed them.

sinsi

anta40

Quote from: hutch-- on August 22, 2018, 09:55:25 AM
anta40,

Do you remember which lib files would not build ? Vaguely I remember some of the printing libs were not present in Win10 so I just removed them.

Hmmm....
The incl2.exe message started popping when assembling winspool.lib.
Then winsta.lib, winstrm.lib, wintrust.lib, wldap32.lib, wmilib.lib, wmip.lib, wmvcore.lib, .....

I got fed up with this, so I closed the installer instead. Then 2 message box appeared:
QuoteLibrary Build Error
kernel32.lib is missing

About Library Build Error
When a system library is missing from the library build it means that
some setting in your operating system or AV scanner is obstructing...

Then I checked my masm32 installation dir.
There are no libs in C:\masm32\lib. The libs are still exist in C:\masm32\include. Those winspool.lib, winsta.lib, winstrm.lib, wintrust.lib are in there, too.
So I moved all the libs into C:\masm32\lib, and so far there is no error when building the examples. I haven't try all of them, though.

hutch--

The solution from memory was to remove those file names from the "bldlibs.bat" in the include directory as they are not available in later Windows versions.

If you have the time, download the altered version at this URL.

http://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=5256.0