News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Looking for some beginner examples to learn Assembly Language in MASM32

Started by EmuRatti39, September 17, 2018, 06:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmuRatti39

This is my second attempt , something like a second phase in learning .
Where should i begin ?

jj2007

http://jj2007.eu/Masm32_Tips_Tricks_and_Traps.htm (steps 5-7 are optional).

And it would help if you told us a bit about your background and your intentions.

EmuRatti39

Thanks a lot for the reply .

I am a commerce student now, i have plenty of free time after my studies which ends in 10 months .

Now i know what an x means , What variable means , what  values means and i know how program stores values

Why i want to learn assembly language in MASM32 is because i would like to learn more about reverse engineering

I hope it is OK to talk about it in the forums , Its  for learning purposes only

jj2007

Quote from: xvarvalue on September 17, 2018, 06:50:08 AMi would like to learn more about reverse engineering

I hope it is OK to talk about it in the forums , Its  for learning purposes only

Read the forum rules carefully.

EmuRatti39

Sorry , I am not going to talk about it again

I simply want to learn more assembly language

aw27

"Reverse Engineering" itself is not something bad - it is taught in major Universities. Without such techniques most bugs would have never been found.
What the forum rules mean, I believe, is that virus and malware development, cracking software licensing protections and any other activity that is forbidden by law in most countries is not allowed. But only the forum owner knows exactly what is allowed or not and in case of doubt better ask him directly.

EmuRatti39

No , i don't have plans for such illegal activities

But i would like to see how these key values are stored in the program and all , Somebody from some other hack related forum gave me an application to learn . Its a small console based application and it has stored keys in it

He told me to try reversing that

Which is why suddenly back to Assembly language

Because without some deep knowledge of Assembly language looking into PE explorer or IDA Pro is useless .

hutch--

Neither the forum or its members will allow anything that is even vaguely related to cracking, trojans or what has been passed off as "Reverse Engineering" of software but what is common with assembler programmers is both writing and disassembling assembler code which has nothing to do with reverse engineering, instead its the baseline of programming, a good low level understanding of how binary files work.

You don't get there by pissing around with "crack me's", you do it the hard way where you actually learn something, instruction sets, writing test pieces and with a bit more practice, writing applications in assembler. When you learn how to write assembler code, you will also know how to protect it from most hack attempts.

EmuRatti39

Thanks for the reply hutch-- ,

I will start with small small programs in MASM32 and learn slowly rather than jumping to crack me's like you said

I have to start preparing notes