Author Topic: Blocked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus  (Read 4111 times)

Siekmanski

Blocked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus
« on: October 05, 2012, 07:46:18 AM »
WOW!! I'm blocked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.  :shock:

ESET NOD32 Antivirus - Alert
Access denied !   

Details:

Web page:
   http://masmforum.com/~masm32/board/index.php?action=unread

Description:
   Access to the web page was blocked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
   The web page is on the list of websites with potentially dangerous content.

anunitu

Re: Blocked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 09:20:11 AM »
If I was Hutch,I would give them a piece of my FOOT!!

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
Re: Blocked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 10:19:27 AM »
This is unfortunate as ESET is usually one of the better quality AV scanners. I am not a paying customer so I doubt they would listen to me but it may be worth you sending a complaint to them. I have recently reused the masmforum.com domain name to hold the archive for the old UK forum but I vaguely remember a complaint by a US host company that some crappy AV list from Germany listed a 10 year old zip file on the old masmforum site as infected with a recent virus, even though the file had not been modified for 10 years.

I told them to pull their head in and actually run a scanner on the zip file and they gave up on the idea quickly. It is a problem with technical illiterates who don't understand that the OS changed over time and perfectly clean Microsoft specification PE files from the Win9x era are sometimes flagged as suspicious because they don't have a manifest or version control block.

Let us know if they respond in a sensible way otherwise we can just add ESET to the unreliable sh*t list of AV scanners. Microsoft Essentials don't seem to have any of these problems, I just hope that ESET have not become just another dumbed down AV vendor.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin: