Author Topic: I don't want to use Windows, Mac, Linux and Unix  (Read 1074 times)

Siekmanski

Re: Windows update sucks
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2020, 09:03:52 AM »
I've lost about 6-7 hours with this crap, trying to guess what are the English equivalents to my Italian error messages. Bill Gates should pay for all the hours wasted by Millions of people chasing Windows bugs. Of course, he would have no money left to buy moskito nets for African kids, but justice is also an important issue :cool:

Or ask Bill Gates for a free Corona vaccine to make up for your wasted hours.  :biggrin:
Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
Re: I don't want to use Windows, Mac, Linux and Unix
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2020, 10:07:49 AM »
My main concerns with Windows updates is their habit of changing your settings again so you have to go look for the settings option that also get changed so you can fix their messups. My Win7 box when I first installed Win7 64 again some months ago ran into the high hundreds of updates that went on for days until it ran out so I just left it until nothing was left to change.

Win10 has the updates built in (no option to turn it off) and as I mainly use Win10, I keep an eye on the changes as Microsoft assume an ever lowering common denominator and treat its customers like morons. Like most long time users I don't need moron options or an ever changing set of "new" additions to further confuse the inherent capacity of the OS.

Even the recent Linux box wants to keep adding more updates but at least its optional.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

Vortex

Re: I don't want to use Windows, Mac, Linux and Unix
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2020, 01:15:09 AM »
As always, it's good to have a solid operating system backup against update failures.