News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Tita goes d3d9 demo!

Started by felipe, January 07, 2019, 02:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

felipe

Inspired with what daydreamer wrote here: http://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=7596.0 i have done this "little"  :P demo of tita in labyrinths. So i want to put some points in the table or similar:

So why it's a demo? Because it just have only 1 stage or labyrinth...
Why i didn't used sprites? Because i wanted to keep "simple"  :P. This demo (which is playable...for a while...maybe just once?) don't uses the d3dx lib or dlls, so most users can run it without the need to download anything.
Why the code looks like that?  :biggrin: Seriously, the code can (i guess for sure... :idea:) be optimized or even just written in other way. This is what i did and i don't want to do it again... :P At least for now... :P
Why the restriction with the screen resolution? Because i wrote the code for a "big" screen, then i realized that if i changed the screen resolution to the smallest ones the labyrinth would look wrong. There will be no problem changing in the code the screen resolution requirement, but for smaller resolutions than the one there, the labyrinths will look bad... :idea: The one there is the smallest resolution that i tried that worked.
Anything else? Yes do whatever you want with the code or program... :t I have done this demo and i'm more conviced that making games is a lot of work  :P, so don't ask me to do more for this demo... :P Now is your turn!  :biggrin:  :t  :icon14:
Wait! one more thing! If you find that the "character"  :P (tita...ok that red rectangle... :P) has trouble to move into some areas in the labyrinth, it's because that's the idea of the game (really) some paths in the labyrinth are like traps, you can't move more in that direction. Do you get it?
One last thing: The .asm, .exe and the includes for d3d9 (again) are all in the .zip.

Now enjoy tita goes d3d9 demo!  :greenclp: Or hate it... :( I think i can live with any of both... :biggrin:  :icon14:

hutch--

Siekmanski

Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

HSE

Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

jj2007

Bad luck, doesn't work with 1366*768:
SORRY, TO PLAY THIS GAME YOU NEED AS A MINIMUM A 1152 X 864 SCREEN RESOLUTION

felipe

Thanks  :icon14:. jj if you want you can just comment all that screen resolution check at the start of the code. But the labyrinth would look bad, and the demo wouldn't be playable at all.  :idea: Here is a picture of how the demo looks with a resolution of 1024x768. The black rectangle below the window is the program covers made by jimg  :idea:  :icon14:.  Actually i didn't test with that resolution (1366x768), but i think it will be similar issues as with this one  :idea:.

daydreamer

fantastic Felipe and screen resolution problem is something we should find solutions for everyone who coded hires programs :t
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

jj2007

Works fine with the two jumps commented out. Felipe, why do you think Microsoft introduced the invoke macro twenty years ago?

felipe

Quote from: jj2007 on January 08, 2019, 03:03:07 AM
Felipe, why do you think Microsoft introduced the invoke macro twenty years ago?

:biggrin: To resemble the c prototypes, to code to the right and not down? Hey, you know it's a matter of taste... :bgrin:  :icon14:

daydreamer

I have a suggestion of a intro where you input A$ your first name before you play and a story pop up in some nice font:
"Tita's best friend" ,A$," was lost,nobody have seen A$ but an old hermit living close to a mystic cave,he told Tita he had seen A$ gone in but never came out,hermit told a story from his childhood he had been inside the cave and discovered a Labyrinth and seen a evil monster living in there and he had to run for his life to survive,parts of the labyrinth had lots of Bones and rusty weapons and armours"
"so Tita decided to go in the Labyrinth to save A$"

my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding