Message to All Guests

Main Menu

ACE - ASM Code Editor

Started by i Z !, January 19, 2019, 02:56:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

i Z !

In case you didn't see:
Quote from: i Z ! on January 27, 2019, 05:47:03 PM
Edit: Sinsi - You've earned the app with reminding me about this issue. I'll maybe give you the app even before your trial version expires. That is, if you don't totally dislike it...

Version 0.2.2.0 is out

I filled in the words, by which the app recognizes variable declarations (DWORD, FWORD, DF, REALx, ...)

sinsi

Don't like:
Still too "fiddly" i.e. having to look all over the screen to find the key to select the opcode/register etc.
Really miss using tabs, sometimes indenting with spaces requires more space presses e.g. indent by 4 sometimes requires 6 spaces.
Opcode list is missing lots e.g. no "lea" - very common with 64-bit code.

Like:
Typing the proc definition puts the endp line there for you.
Variable/label lists

Want:
Forget opcode lists, as I said before typing "eax" is quicker
Option to create a custom list and trigger
Something similar to qeditor's menu where I can run a batch file to assemble/build/run/debug the code

Question:
What is the "casemap" menu option?

i Z !

Quote from: sinsi on January 30, 2019, 09:45:38 AM
Opcode list is missing lots e.g. no "lea" - very common with 64-bit code.

This is one of the key features of ACE - You can add or change opcodes, so the layout suits you the best. You can then also import/export the layouts.
In my next post I will give an example of adding the TEST opcode.

Like:
Typing the proc definition puts the endp line there for you.

Want:
Something similar to qeditor's menu where I can run a batch file to assemble/build/run/debug the code

Question:
What is the "casemap" menu option?

It happens also with MACRO - It adds the ENDM line...
I was thinking of adding a setting form, in which you would specify the location of your ml/ml64/masm32 file and another box for arguments.
I should probably also add, as you said, an additional box for other CMD commands.
In the next version you can expect at least an option to run .bat files.

Answer:

The Casemap option makes autocomplete of vars/labels to match upper/lower case.
This is the last option that I've added and I haven't fully tested it. Should work tho' ...

Thanks again for testing.

EDIT: Yesterday I finally got what you meant by "figure out the enter thing" and got a laugh off it :)

i Z !

Adding the TEST instruction to T key

- put focus on leftmost empty box
-  press T
- press Shift+T
- Input box appears, where you type the instruction.
- Click OK or press Enter

Now the shortcut for T twice is added.
You can assign the opcodes only to keys, which they appear after you press the initial letter.

Adding the CMPSx instructions to C key

As you see, after pressing C the first time, the C key already has the CMP opcode assigned, so we'll use another one (unless you want to change the shortcut for double C).

- Press Shift+desired key to change
- In the input box, type "CMPS?" (this is the same as typing  "CMPSQ,CMPSD,CMPSW,CMPSB")

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Similar examples can be found on the app's help page.
When adding an opcode shortcut, enter either 1 or 4 variations, separated by commas.
The question mark, when placed on the end, serves as in previous example - it appends "Q","D","W" and "B" appropriately (matching the upper/lower case you used for the root word).

i Z !

e.g. indent by 4 sometimes requires 6 spaces.

I've reproduced the glitch and I'll try to correct it in the next version.

Cheers! :t

And I'll try to add the TAB.

i Z !

Prepare to be amazed by my next update, I've outdone myself this time:)

Read about major changes(not many) in the Release notes

Also, in the version after that, you can expect support for compiling and for executing other commands. I've already nearly completed it, I only need to do some initial testing myself.

I think you're gonna love it.

i Z !

The menus simultaneously "ooze-in" from left to right..:)

i Z !

Get it while it's fresh.

The price has been slightly reduced since the last version. Until I choose to alter the price next time, if you're looking for a bargain, the price is now probably at it's lowest point.

Also, you're still invited to try it out for 30 days. If you report an error and the circumstances under which it was thrown, you will be given the app for free. Also any unexpected behavior of the editor counts.

Visit my blog or Release notes for changes made in v0.5.0.0.

i Z !

Choose colors, fonts and their sizes for different parts of code:

Along with fixes, adjustments...

i Z !

Right... Earlier today I've found out that Store Apps run in a sandboxed environment and that they have no permission to write anywhere else than in the local folder.
My app tried to save the instruction list to the original location which probably threw an unhandled exception. Therefore, it was unusable because a user couldn't save his additional instructions.
But version 0.6.2.0 is on the way, in which those errors are fixed; I also tested the import and export options for both, instruction lists as well as the style settings.
For the last two months, I'm having some technical issues with my development computer, so I couldn't properly test the app. But today I made the Desktop App Converter work again, so things are more or less back to normal again.

Forget opcode lists, as I said before typing "eax" is quicker

You may be quicker writing "eax", but you can't be with writing "eax,", as you can also get it with a single, or at most two keystrokes.

-------------------------------------------------------

Version 0.6.2.0 is out. Please test -- Anyone that finds a relevant bug will be given the app for free!

Install the 30-day trial from Microsoft Store to start testing. You, of course, won't be automatically charged for the app after the trial period expires.

i Z !

i Z !

A major update with following fixes and improvements:

- Syntax highlighting didn't work for opcodes which were not written in capital letters,

- Syntax highlighting took too long with large files, so I had to implement some logic for partial document formatting and I also significantly increased the speed of actual formatting,

- Undo/redo improved,

- Improper automatic placement of line for end of macro block ("ENDM") removed,

- Font and color settings improved. Now you can set font, font size, fore color or back color for multiple items,

- Edit box behavior improved (extending at long lines, keeping the current box focus, ...),

- Added Autoselect menu option to toggle automatic selection in text boxes,

- In fully enhanced mode, adjusted behavior of Backspace, Left Arrow, and Return keys when the caret is at the beginning of line,

- Added functionality of Ctrl+Shift+PgDn and Ctrl+Shift+PgUp key combinations,

- Added "GrayText" system color option to formatting styles,

- Paste option didn't execute when selected from main menu,

- Other smaller improvements...

i Z !

Version 0.12.3.0 has been released and is now available in the Microsoft Store. The free version is now also available for installing from Microsoft Store.

In the new version:

- rewritten base procedures for analyzing lines

-  the old version didn't recognize (or has misrepresented) the line breaks in documents that were saved by some other apps

- faster text formatting,

- applies casing to variables, registers, labels and procedures as it is written in the definition line

- applies casing to opcodes the way it is defined in Opcode list menu option

- ability to switch between preferred casing for formatting of registers

- quick navigation tool added - place up to nine markers in document

- quick selection tool added - set selection start and end with keyboard shortcuts or from the menu

- undo/redo commands now work properly

- additional menu appearance settings,

- quick jump to lines on screen improved and available also in ordinary text editing mode

- correction of color issues

i Z !

Limited time offer:

Use promotional code GCTX4-7VVKR-YH3MD-VH3JR-PDC6Z .

Or simply click the following link:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=532540&mstoken=GCTX4-7VVKR-YH3MD-VH3JR-PDC6Z

This offer ends on May the 3rd or when 50 people install the app.

jj2007

After a ridiculously long and clumsy login procedure to Micros**t, they offered to send it as a gift to an email address. At that point, I gave up. After all, you haven't fixed the problem with the exceptions, right?