Author Topic: What went wrong this year...so far  (Read 948 times)

Raistlin

What went wrong this year...so far
« on: February 02, 2019, 05:15:49 AM »
Happy 2019...they tell you...and then sh!t happens.
So far this year :
1. Had a health scare = lots of doctors costs
which equated to bad veins (outer leg) in the end.
2. Geyser blew up... = more money + in drought
stricken Cape Town, a sizeable bill for the 30 kiloliter
water lost.
3. The kid had a foot injury. He tore some tendons.
More money on doctors.
4. Poly pipe under the paving burst. 36 kiloliters
later, fixed.... did I mention water penalties in
Cape Town....did I mention the paving is tight
interlock ?
5. My main 55 inch TV - LED for family room, lost its backlight.  Frack....Then this...
6. My Defy hob ceramic stove is now tripping....so no
more stove.
7. My Defy stack oven's top heating coil is not working
suddenly.

Oh g......

Pps. Written on cellphone while contemplating inebriation scale. Please forgive syntax issues. Did I mention Google update on Google play crashed my Samsung phone = factory reset required = hi you now need Google go or something due to incompatibility....
Are you pondering what I'm pondering? It's time to take over the world ! - let's use ASSEMBLY...

daydreamer

• watch Chebyshev on the backside of the Moon
Re: What went wrong this year...so far
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 01:52:56 AM »
sorry to hear that
only missing is end of the World
found one site that told tourists in Cape Town to help with water shortage,does that mean they have to stick to drink booze all the time they are there and avoid bathing and showers? :biggrin:

Quote from Flashdance
Nick  :  When you give up your dream, you die
*wears a flameproof asbestos suit*
Gone serverside programming p:  :D

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 09:05:54 AM »
Rudi,

Sound like you are having a ton of fun. I think its usually the case that just when you think you have hit the bottom in a run of luck, an earthquake happens and while you are cleaning up the mess then it pisses rain and you get a flood and as you shovel out all the junk then lightning strikes and the house burns down etc etc etc ....

Statistics say eventually the run of "luck" runs out of puff and the world makes sense again. My run of "luck" happened just before Christmas. Got a gut bug from a frozen pizza that took a couple of days to get rid of then the guys who were supposed to connect my new NBN (high speed network connection) turned up late and just did not want to do the job. Then the server had problems that were caused by a software error that took far to long to find and fix, this took until the new year to be reliable again then while trying to find an approved cabler for the NBN connection most were on holidays and the best I could find wanted to charge me $100.00 AU just to come out and look at it.

Then I started to be hassled by some squeaky voiced sheila from the Philippines about not proceeding with the NBN connection and her English was not good enough to understand why it could not happen at the time. I had to ring my ISP in Western Australia to let them know what was happening to shut her up. Today a cabler turned up and got the job done in less than an hour, all I have to do now is wait for the NBN guys to turn up with the box they have to provide and just plug it in.

Comment is, "The world belongs to the persistent."
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

Raistlin

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 05:11:42 AM »
Thanks for pseudo sympathy. Insurance will now supposedly cover the LED tv.. but with nasty excess payment...eish...
Are you pondering what I'm pondering? It's time to take over the world ! - let's use ASSEMBLY...

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2019, 06:28:15 AM »
Water restrictions are a pain but not so bad if you grew up in a country area that relied on using the roof of a house to collect rain water for water tanks. Once you stop wasting water, it becomes habit. Here in Sydney they have just started up the desalination plant again as the main dam for Sydney is down to 60%. When I put the water supply into this house (after digging out 100 years of old iron piping) I did it in #16 gauge 3/4 copper to make sure nothing ever burst.
hutch at movsd dot com

Raistlin

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2019, 07:31:27 AM »
Narf dude, just need the plastic tanks and some submersible mono pumps and I'll be all good. Need a charity case ? What is AUS dollars to the Rand now = 1000% me thinks. Sorry my math sux. But R15 = at the moment equals 1 AUS or very near.

Raistlin

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2019, 08:49:16 AM »
Sorry should have mentioned - sarcastic - post. My mood is just quite black, please forgive + beer = probably have a problem.  :icon_redface:

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 12:57:39 PM »
Simple solution, add another beer and it might round the corners a bit.
hutch at movsd dot com

daydreamer

• watch Chebyshev on the backside of the Moon
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2019, 04:44:58 PM »
Rudi is a great fellow :t

Comment is, "The world belongs to the persistent."
great said Hutch and its has some truth in it,most people in school was either math talented or talented in foreign languages,the one you lack talent in you must be persistent,because university demands you have a broad range of skills to be accepted as student,so its no use being only a math genius and dont pass English class or the other way around

Quote from Flashdance
Nick  :  When you give up your dream, you die
*wears a flameproof asbestos suit*
Gone serverside programming p:  :D