Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Enterprise WDK 2019

Started by LiaoMi, April 21, 2019, 07:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LiaoMi

Hi,

for those who dont want to install and download Visual studio, but would like to enjoy installing the latest version of Microsoft Macro Assembler, can use a simple portable archive with utilities - Enterprise WDK for Windows 10, version 1903 (EWDK)
QuoteThe EWDK is a standalone self-contained command-line environment for building drivers. It includes the Visual Studio Build Tools, the SDK, and the WDK. The latest public version of the EWDK contains Visual Studio 2019 Build Tools 16.0.0. To get started, mount the ISO and run LaunchBuildEnv.

ml and ml64 - EWDK_19h1_release_svc_prod3_18362_190416-1111.iso\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\BuildTools\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.20.27508

Download EWDK with Visual Studio Build Tools (13 Gb) - https://developer.microsoft.com/windows/hardware/license-terms-EWDK-2

:t

K_F

'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

Vortex

Here is how to mount an iso file without downloading :

https://www.acc.umu.se/~bosse/

Quotehttpdisk-10.1.zip httpdisk-10.1.rar is a virtual disk driver for Windows that uses the HTTP protocol to mount disk images from a web server. It is also a demonstration on how to do network communication from kernel mode on Windows using the transport driver interface (TDI).

I was able to mount the EWDK iso file and extract the necessary binaries. No need to download the the whole iso.

hutch--

Too late, I did the 13 gig download but have not yet got around to installing it.

Vortex

Hi Hutch,

No need to do any installation. You can use 7-Zip or another tool to extract the new version of ml.exe, cl.exe , link.exe , lib.exe, rc.exe and many others.

TimoVJL

Have to download 13 GB and less than 100 Mb is really usefull :dazzled:
At least 10 GB is just junk for normal programmer.
500 MB was enough for normal programming tools, like in msvc 2013.

Smallest package after 2003 Toolkit ?
BTW: An old Microsoft Visual C++ Compiler for Python 2.7
A tool for msi-file TLMsiListEx
May the source be with you

aw27

I am not short in space so I install every crap from Microsoft.  :lol:
Only in this Windows 10 machine, I have all Visual Studios since VS 2005 - this one is important to build for NT 4 - more recent ones don't, even statically linking. I have also VC 6 in other computer. In case of need I will find older versions from the times I subscribed to the MSDN.

Vortex

Hi Timo,

You are absolutely right. Creating an iso of that size is just an exaggeration. Not everyone has a high speed internet connection at home but they probably they don't care about this.

hutch--

Jose,

The best version I found for 32 bit C was VC2003, decent libraries and reasonably small output.

aw27

Quote from: hutch-- on April 27, 2019, 03:17:22 PM
The best version I found for 32 bit C was VC2003, decent libraries and reasonably small output.

Thanks, I will check if I can install it on Windows 10.

TimoVJL

Quote from: hutch-- on April 27, 2019, 03:17:22 PM
The last version with single-threaded libc.lib
Description of the default C and C++ libraries

jj2007

Quote from: TimoVJL on April 27, 2019, 04:39:20 AM
Have to download 13 GB and less than 100 Mb is really usefull :dazzled:

That is roughly 2,700 times the Masm32 SDK - what do they put into this gigacrap? Hours of videos explaining to the young wannabe programmer what a number is?

TimoVJL

A lot of goodies for .Net programmers ?

aw27

13 GB can't be considered a lot these days. A number of PC games run in the order of tens or even over hundred of GBs. Yeah, I know some people still use 1200 baud modems to access the internet, things are not tailored for them.  :(

Gears of War 4 250 GB   
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare - 70 GB
X - Plane - 70 GB
GTAV - 66 GB
Doom 4 - 55 GB ( Excluding all DLCs)
Prey (2017) - 55 GB
Mass Effect Andromeda - 55 GB
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor - 55GB
Just Cause 3 - 54 GB
Mafia 3 - 50 GB
Watch Dogs 2 - 50 GB ( Excluding 5GB for High Res Texture Pack)
Batman: Return to Arkham - 45.8 GB
The Witcher III - 45 GB
Wolfenstein: TNO - 44GB
WWE 2K17 - 44 GB
Bioshock Infinite - 42 GB

Vortex

Hi Timo,

Thanks for mentioning about the Microsoft Visual C++ Compiler for Python 2.7  It contains the C++ compiler, Masm V9.00 and the other necessary tools.