Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

ObjAsm Beta 2

Started by Biterider, April 29, 2019, 03:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biterider

Hi
Over the last few months I've been working on adding more code from previous 32- and 64-bit projects, fixing some bugs and adding new functionality to the existing codebase.

As it is a major step forward, I have decided to upload a new beta (2) and release this new stuff.
The setup of the package has not changed. It has to be set up manually. Please follow the instructions on the download page.

I hope you like this work!  :P

Biterider

HSE

Fantastic Biterider!!

Building in 32 bit:

Objects:
Object DesLUT, DesLUTID, Primer                      in Stream.inc
  RedefineMethod    Done
  VirtualMethod     Find,           XWORD;HANDLE  <--- conflict

Demos:
Demo01C.asm(26) : Error A2102: Symbol not defined : rax
        must be:   mov xax, offset Shape_1

DebugCenter:little typo in DebugCenter_ChildTxt.inc(869) :
invoke CallWindowProc, [xsi].pPrevWndProc, e si, EM_SETSEL, dSelBeg, dSelBeg

ExcelHost: Out of memory with UASM32 (There are 4 or 5 different things that print same Out of memory message in JWASM). Builded correctly with a modified AsmC with 30 nested and macro levels. 

PCRE_Demo: the same previous library thing.

RibbonApp: absolute paths of .bmp (instead of relatives) in resorces file.

:t :t :t Thanks.

Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

Biterider

Hi HSE
Thank you very much for testing Beta_2.  :t

I corrected the following bugs:

• Type conflict in DesLUT
  • xax in Demo1C
  • Typo in DebugCenter_ChildTxt
  • RibbonApp paths are now relative (xml file)

PCRE: I reviewed the correspondence and verified that the 32- and 64-bit libraries (PCRE841S.lib) are present.
I can not figure out what the problem is.  ::)
ExcelHost: I don't have this "out of memory" problem, but I think is a good idea to ask the UASM team to increase the number of nested levels.  :idea:

I uploaded the package with these corrections again.

Biterider

HSE

Quote from: Biterider on April 30, 2019, 03:14:50 AM
PCRE: I reviewed the correspondence and verified that the 32- and 64-bit libraries (PCRE841S.lib) are present.
I searched that when release beta 1. Developers say there is no PCRE841S.lib for 32 bit (if I understood well 8) )

Linking object modules to EXE-file ...
LINK : fatal error LNK1000: unknown error; consult documentation for technical support options

:t

Biterider

Hi HSE
I build both libs from the PCRE sources. Since I'm able to compile the test application it in 32 and 64 bit, my best guess is that you are using a older linker.
I remember that MS had some problems a few months ago with that. Fortunately they solved the problem.  ;)

Biterider

HSE

Yes Biterider!

There is problem with the old VS14 link from 2015, but work perfect with Pelles 6.5 polink from 2011  :biggrin:

Everything is working in 32 bit then.   :t

Biterider

Hi HSE
Thank you for the time you spent testing the code  :t

Biterider

LiaoMi

Quote from: Biterider on April 30, 2019, 03:49:21 PM
Hi HSE
Thank you for the time you spent testing the code  :t

Biterider

:icon_confused:

http://objasm.x10host.com/

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Biterider

Hi LiaoMi
Strange, it works from my location.
Tomorrow I'll try another download server. I'll keep you informed.
Biterider

Biterider

Hello LiaoMi
I found the problem. The hoster has a new limitation. It does not allow files larger than 10 MB. Once a day, newly uploaded files are scanned and deleted if they do not fit.  :(
I re-uploaded the package and I expect it to be deleted in 24 hours. Download it as soon as possible, until I find another solution.

Biterider

LiaoMi

Quote from: Biterider on May 01, 2019, 04:38:16 PM
Hello LiaoMi
I found the problem. The hoster has a new limitation. It does not allow files larger than 10 MB. Once a day, newly uploaded files are scanned and deleted if they do not fit.  :(
I re-uploaded the package and I expect it to be deleted in 24 hours. Download it as soon as possible, until I find another solution.

Biterider

Hello Biterider,

thank you! I downloaded a couple of hours ago, the file is already locked today .. You can divide the archive into 10 parts, upload all parts to the site separately, and then apply an online installer that will unpack everything into one archive. As an option, it's quite a good idea, many developers offer such installers, for example, Microsoft in sdk and wdk  :badgrin:

A lot of work has been done by you  :shock:  :icon14: :icon14: :icon14: :icon14:! The latest version of the h2IncX converter is secretly located in the project folder  :icon_redface:  :icon_redface:  :icon_redface: !

I advise a free program to customize the installation: Rapid Environment Editor - Windows environment variables management https://www.rapidee.com/en/screenshots

I am missing this file! - MakeObjects.cmd
10. Optionally compile the objects using the file "...\ObjAsm\Code\Objects\MakeObjects.cmd"

What could be the problem in the example ?
C:\ObjAsm\Projects\32\MSChart
---------------------------
Error
MSChart is not able to initialize
OK   

Biterider

Hi LiaoMi
Thank you for the link to the Rapid Environment Editor. I like it!  :t

Beta 2 does not contain ASM files to pre-compile objects.  It's not a big deal. I just did not have time for it.

lol, h2incX is not hidden. I took over the project from Japheth, who started it as a 32 bit application and that's why it's in the 32 bit folder.  :biggrin:
It does a pretty good job, but it is not perfect. One of the next steps is to add the translation of classes. I saw it when I needed the GDI + headers that rely heavily on these constructs.

Unfortunately, MS has stopped supporting MSChart, a 32-bit OCX. It's a nice piece of technology and it's too bad it was not ported to 64 bits.
I included it in the package to test and validate COM support for OCXs.
That was the main reason to push the translation of PlotXY, that I needed for my particular needs.

The initialization error of MSChart may be the missing or wrong registration on the OS. For this purpose, I have added the file InstallOcx.cmd.

Regards, Biterider

Biterider

Hello
The multi-part ZIP file now survived 24 hours. I have made the adjustments on the repository page so that the files can be downloaded easily.  :biggrin:

As a bonus, I have attached a reference project for demonstrating the interface of a WebCam using Video for Windows (vfw).

Biterider