Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

N-Queen Problem

Started by aw27, May 11, 2019, 08:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aw27

Quote from: hutch-- on November 13, 2019, 12:22:08 AM
My earlier version of GPUZ (1.16.0) reports on my now aging NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 that OpenCL, CUDA, Physx and DirectCompute 5.0 are present.

It is strange, no reason for GPUZ to be intimidated by a Tesla, a small program included in the CUDA SDK demos detects the Tesla the same way it detects others.   :rolleyes:

LiaoMi

Quote from: AW on November 13, 2019, 12:00:45 AM
I had the opportunity to solve the 20-queens problem using a Tesla V100. The time is about 1/3 of what I got previously. But a Tesla costs a fortune.  :sad:

Yeah, GPU-Z is broken, does not report that CUDA is available.

Hi AW  :thumbsup:,

what an amazing power, I hope soon such video cards will be available to ordinary users.

aw27

@Hi LiaoMi,

Personally, if I was going to spend on a great card I would buy a Titan. They have nearly comparable performance for a fraction of the price.
Ah, and they produce output to monitors, something Tesla do not.
Sure, Tesla have their own advantages., namely they can withstand long calculation periods without burning hot.

jj2007

Quote from: Gonzague15 on March 04, 2020, 07:14:00 AMtell me why someone would want to produce a good ASM routine to outperform the C / C ++ compiler on this problem.

Just for fun - to demonstrate that we are more intelligent than a compiler. Assembly is fun :biggrin: