Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Masm 64 programs

Started by clamicun, May 19, 2019, 09:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clamicun

This might be a stupid question.
I have a couple of 64b examples on my computer.
They work because my machine is 64b.
I would like to compile them to learn about it.
Where can I download "masm64rt.inc" and whatever else I need ?

Vortex

Hi clamicun,

You need to download the install64.zip package :

http://www.masm32.com/download/install64.zip

Hutch's announcement :

http://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=7558.0

Also, you will need of Masm 64-bit, ml64.exe. You can get it with the releases of MS VC.

clamicun

clamicun

Vortex,
this is a bit confusing:

"Rename "install64" to "masm32"

??? I can't. masm32 is already there.
Does that mean I can't have these 2 folders on the same drive. masm32 and masm64 ?

TimoVJL

I think we can just copy those relevant x64 dirs to masm32 folder, like include64, macros64, lib64, m64lib ?
May the source be with you

hutch--

Timo is right, you can either add it to an existing MASM32 installation or put it on another partition renamed to MASM32.

daydreamer

Quote from: hutch-- on May 20, 2019, 06:14:58 PM
Timo is right, you can either add it to an existing MASM32 installation or put it on another partition renamed to MASM32.
but if I want a custom named masm32 folder,instead of just keep masm32 is it easy to rename just my own includes to use for example "masm128" or do I need to go thru the whole masm32SDK+masm64SDK .inc files with loads of renaming?
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

hutch--

The paths are hard coded for a reason, it prevents getting the wrong versions of binaries. What you mention can be done but you will have to change every file with a path to do it. The old fellas used to set the environment which was OK when everything used the same binaries.

clamicun

Yes, I did it.
Changed all pathes in every file from masm32 to masm64 (including the examples64).
Now I have
E:\masm32
and
E:\masm64 on my computer.
Works perfectly.
Unfortunately the file masm64.zip is to large to upload into the forum.
It has 11565 Kb. 

TimoVJL

Quote from: clamicun on May 21, 2019, 09:39:58 PM
Changed all pathes in every file from masm32 to masm64 (including the examples64).
if you decide to modify headers, why not just remove paths from there and use INCLUDE and LIB environment variables ?
May the source be with you

clamicun

??? ... That's what I did ... Changed all path from \masm32 to \masm64.

All 126 asm files in m64lib have written
"include \masm32\include64\masm64rt.inc".
You need to change that or you get "path not found.

hutch--

> Unfortunately the file masm64.zip is to large to upload into the forum.

What you do on your own machine is your own business but do not post that file either here or elsewhere as it is copyright software.

clamicun

Yes, your lordship Hutch ...  Excuse me ... my very  submissive apology... You could have said that in a far less aggressive way  ... Bad day today ... Something went wrong ?

hutch--

:biggrin:

> You could have said that in a far less aggressive way

So the truth is aggressive ?

> Bad day today ... Something went wrong ?

Well as a matter of fact, I have had a really sh*t week forking a fortune for work done by the host company for this website, climbing through some very badly written Unix software to get the server up and going again properly and before that I was p*ssed around for about 5 months getting high speed internet up and going but I still retain my charming and tolerant approach to most things.  :tongue:

The reason why the MASM32 project is true freeware that anyone can download and use is because it is protected by copyright with its own licence. No one can sell it to you or impose any additional conditions on you. I am pleased that you have it up and going but it must not be redistributed.

clamicun

ok.  Then excuse me if I was a bit harsh ... I didn't want to sell/redistribute it or whatever ... I only wanted to show a way to install it on everyones computer so you can't confuse examples and examples64