News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

WinAsm and CreateWindowEx

Started by cozofdeath, October 14, 2012, 01:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cozofdeath

Okay, I've always created my projects with the DialogBoxParam API as WinAsm adds it from the template and it's easy. Well lately I wanted to do some things that I can't with a dialog window so I wanted to use CreateWindowEx in WinAsm but I ran into a problem. Is it possible to draw out the window in the IDE and use it with CreateWindow like you can with DialogBoxParam?

qWord

No, CreateWindowEx does not allow using resource dialogs. However, DialogBoxParam also use CreateWindowEx to create the dialog from template.
What is the problem with Dialogs?
MREAL macros - when you need floating point arithmetic while assembling!

cozofdeath

I've been generally just playing around with making my window look better graphically.  I created a window with DialogBoxParam and I'm using regions to shape it along with some other things. But I also created another window in the shape of a flag and when a button is clicked I'm trying to have the window (flag) appear behind the parent and slowly raise it's position to the top of the main window. To do this I was trying to combine the regions because I didn't think I could make a window created by a parent dialog appear behind the parent.