News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

multiple child windows with menus

Started by mikeburr, June 09, 2019, 11:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeburr

Tedd .. its probably because i seem to be able to Overload the Class in Win 7 etc but [i dont have win 10 etc]  in Wine it wouldnt run unless i put the window which failed in a unique class .. i have been experimenting a bit as suggested by Hutch with the definitions ... oddly it doesnt like my definition of a Treeview which also works perfectly well in Win7 etc and so this doesnt appear on the now grey screen   :sad: [< only slightly sad icon]   but in Wine it now works ... i hope you will try it out for me [ i got a bit grumpy the other day as all i wanted to do was get on and write the maths bit and not pfaff around with all the GUI stuff.. which is only really handy because its easy to see the outputs ... otherwise Ruby [bit like old fashioned Basic] is good enough  .. as an aside the notion of Types in languages strikes me as a big drawback  ..anyway the altered version missing its bright yellow treeview is attached   regards mikeb

mikeburr

ok it turned out that i didnt have InitUnusualControls in the program  .. [as this was cobbled together as a tester  :undecided:] and so SYSTREEVIEW32 which is an Unusual control it would seem wasnt present  [as presumably a class ]  so didnt register with a concommitant window handle .. hence never appeared within that window ... its now there in all its lovely yellowness looking quite disgusting and displaying its handle   regards mike b

Tedd

Well, it appears to work now - congratulations!

A few minor points:

• the yellow-treeview-window has on-top style for some reason (the others don't);
  • the Exit menu and window X on the 'child' windows don't close the windows as expected, just minimises them.
Potato2

mikeburr

Tedd many thanks .. yes i did fix those although i ought to park the main screen each time and allow clicking by say a double right click to reinstate it as in that test program i ended up using its listbox as a transaction log .. i realise now that testing on Wine is excellent as it reveals stuff that wont happen on MS specific op sys  ... this program was just a tester . i started playing around with a mixture of menus and controls etc and have added a few bits would you mind if i mailed it to you ..not that i know how to do that on here !!!

regards mike b