Previous topic - Next topic

johnsa

Source on Github, Packages on the site.  :thumbsup:

jj2007

Tested OK with my major sources :thumbsup:

aw27

You don't mention any fix for the USE directive errors.  :sad:

johnsa

I made a modification about the uninitialised data warning when applied to to option flat:1
Still considering other options, but I'd never really planned for using flat for anything other than plain bin.

aw27

Quote from: johnsa on June 22, 2019, 09:24:32 AM
I made a modification about the uninitialised data warning when applied to to option flat:1
Still considering other options, but I'd never really planned for using flat for anything other than plain bin.
I know, it was pure serendipty  :thumbsup: . I was not expecting that as well.  :biggrin:

TimoVJL

QuoteUASM is written in C. The source is portable and has successfully been tested with Open Watcom, MS VC, GCC and more.
Strange things in tokenize.c
like <<<<<<< HEAD and '\[' ...

msvc 2003 fails
clang fails
... fails

EDIT: examples:
Windows clang 9 ..\UASM-master\codegenv2.c(1170,5): error: conflicting types for 'BuildMemoryEncoding'
int BuildMemoryEncoding(unsigned char* pmodRM, unsigned char* pSIB, unsigned char* pREX, bool* needModRM, bool* needSIB,
    ^
..\UASM-master\H/codegenv2.h(391,15): note: previous declaration is here
int           BuildMemoryEncoding(unsigned char* pmodRM, unsigned char* pSIB, unsigned char* pREX, bool* needRM, bool* needSIB,

..\UASM-master\codegenv2.c(1655,55): error: too many arguments to function call, expected 3, have 4
                        rexByte |= BuildREX(rexByte, matchedInstr, opExpr, FALSE);                                                                                      /* Modify the REX prefix for non-memory operands/sizing */
                                   ~~~~~~~~                                ^~~~~
..\UASM-master\invoke.c(2126,12): error: conflicting types for 'sysv_reg'
static int sysv_reg(struct dsym const* proc, unsigned int reg )
           ^
..\UASM-master\invoke.c(173,14): note: previous declaration is here
        static  int sysv_reg          ( unsigned int );
                    ^
..\UASM-master\invoke.c(2419,25): error: too many arguments to function call, expected 1, have 2
                        reg = sysv_reg(proc, reg);
                              ~~~~~~~~       ^~~

May the source be with you

Biterider

Hi johnsa
I was able to compile my sources without problems :thup:
Biterider

rsala

Hi Johnsa,

Easy Code 64-bit compiles and works fine!  :thup:
EC coder

habran

Hi TimoVJL

you can remove '\' in those cases:  '\['  '\]' '\{' '\}'  "\{   and \}"
It will work than with your tools

It is only in tokenize.c

we will also remove it in the next release

there was reason why I was using that, b4 I found why was that needed, now it is not necessary any more

MSVC 2019 had no problem with it

Cod-Father

johnsa

I will be doing some more C compatibility fixes over time, as eventually I am aiming to get it compiling with VBCC. However in the meantime I have no problems compiling it on OSX and Linux using Clang and GCC.

TimoVJL

Quote from: johnsa on June 23, 2019, 07:15:58 PM

I will be doing some more C compatibility fixes over time, as eventually I am aiming to get it compiling with VBCC.
vbcc ?
vbcc
Amiga-Dev

Quote from: johnsa on June 23, 2019, 07:15:58 PM
However in the meantime I have no problems compiling it on OSX and Linux using Clang and GCC.
Windows version of clang 8/9 fails too, but msvc/gcc/clang are just hybrid C/C++ compilers.
clang is a good reference compiler.

EDIT:
vbcc:
don't support anonymous unions in structs
needs linefeed end of included file
May the source be with you

johnsa

Yes.. you might have guessed.. I'd like to be able to run Uasm on my Amiga :)

Once it runs there, I will be looking at building a new set of tokenizer/parser and codegen support for 68k but based on the full UASM code-base.
Devpac is a pretty decent assembler on Amiga, vasm even better with modern support. However they all pale in comparison to a modern x86 Assembly in terms of macros, HLL and features.
Especially interested in adding support for 080/AMMX for the Vampire range of next-gen Amiga accelerators.

aw27

I think the movq bug is still there at least when building for 32-bit.
I have also noticed that in 32-bit, C-Style Calling does not appear to support assignment of return values (or may be I am missing something).

habran

Hi AW,
this is what I get using uasm32 or uasm64

movq r11, xmm1
66 49 0F 7E CB       movq        r11,xmm1

give us some example code for this and for C-Style Calling
Cod-Father

aw27

Hi Habran,

I attach the case for C-like in 32 bit, which comes out of this thread . For example, if you uncomment lines 69 or 77 it produces errors.
Now, I am not able to reproduce the movq bug, I will be back if I do.