News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Russian Elbrus cpu and computer

Started by K_F, June 27, 2019, 05:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K_F

Anyone know whether this Russian Elbrus cpu and computer system is available to buy.

An interesting item that may be worthwhile exploring
:)
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

mikeburr

looks like its full of Russian genius but with one downside ... it looks as though you have to attach it to your grandfather clock with a spring balance judging by the speed rating ... 1.3 Gig  [though this can be deceptive i know ]
regards mike b

aw27

With so many sections in this forum for people place questions or discuss topics that have nothing to do with ASM and programming (Colosseum / Soap Box / Orphanage / Romper Room), why have you dropped your Russian CPU s*hit here, K_F?  Are you well?  :skrewy:

hutch--

:winking:

While it may be off the pace for current consumer computing, the later ones are getting faster and from reading the more recent data, it looks like security is one of its strong points. At an industrial level the old i486 can still be obtained for industrial control purposes as they are easily fast enough for tasks of that type and this is a very old processor in computer terms. I gather that later Elbrus processors can be ganged together in a similar way to the Itanium processors and apparently they will run an OS something like a Linux distribution.

K_F

Quote from: AW on July 01, 2019, 04:35:15 AM
With so many sections in this forum for people place questions or discuss topics that have nothing to do with ASM and programming (Colosseum / Soap Box / Orphanage / Romper Room), why have you dropped your Russian CPU s*hit here, K_F?  Are you well?  :skrewy:
Very well, thank you... :)
Actually this little cpu packs a punch from what i can see.. although it's running on older technology... it has 'power'.

Some Specs (like statistics ;) )
The Elbrus 8S version is pushing 576 GFlops at 1.5Ghz
Whereas the AMDs Ryzen Threadripperâ„¢ 1920X pushes only 601 GFlops at 3.5 GHz

Now some is wrong with AMD (and Intel) if Elbrus is getting the same 'grunt' at less than half the speed ... nudge nudge wink wink.

Watch this video... and think about the BS that we've been fed by our media's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=C9AcktRz468
;)
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

LiaoMi

:tongue: they use the Transmeta technique

Transmeta Efficeon (VLIW Embedded System) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmeta_Efficeon, in many ways the processor was very efficient, using binary translation could achieve advantages in speed  :eusa_dance: