Vortex

A DHCP server by Uwe Ruttkamp :

http://www.dhcpserver.de/dhcpsrv.htm

Gunther

Hi Vortex,

Quote from: Vortex on September 29, 2012, 04:17:35 AM
A DHCP server by Uwe Ruttkamp :

http://www.dhcpserver.de/dhcpsrv.htm

it looks like a rock solid work what Uwe has written. Thank you for the hint. :t

Gunther

You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

Vortex

Hi Gunther,

The application can be used for network boot as it supports the TFTP protocol. I tested this feature and it works fine.

mineiro

TFTP saved my life in some circunstances. A client laptop without floppy, cd-rom, and with usb burned, the only thing that works on that laptop was net. So, I created ms-dos images on server, and setup the laptop to boot pxe, worked fine and I was able to reinstall the O.S. in that machine.
Thanks for sharing Sir Vortex

Vortex

Hi mineiro,

You may want to check the iPXE - open source boot firmware project. Another nice alternative.

Gunther

Hi Vortex,

Quote from: Vortex on September 30, 2012, 05:45:45 AM
The application can be used for network boot as it supports the TFTP protocol. I tested this feature and it works fine.

oh yes, that's sometimes the last resort.

Gunther

Vortex

Hi Gunther,

Beside as a last resort to rescue data, the network boot feature ( depending on your ethernet card ) is useful to perform operating system installation on multiple computers.

Gunther

Hi Vortex,

Quote from: Vortex on October 01, 2012, 03:48:42 AM
Beside as a last resort to rescue data, the network boot feature ( depending on your ethernet card ) is useful to perform operating system installation on multiple computers.

yes, of course. That makes practice easier.

Gunther