Author Topic: Recursive searching files  (Read 747 times)

daydreamer

• watch Chebyshev on the backside of the Moon
Re: Recursive searching files
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2019, 06:23:29 PM »
I don't have "\masm32\..."

Wow, you don't have a Masm32 installation?
He's gone all out Czealot ? :skrewy:
Quote from Flashdance
Nick  :  When you give up your dream, you die
*wears a flameproof asbestos suit*
Gone serverside programming p:  :D

caballero

• Matrix - Noah
    • abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2019, 06:57:37 PM »
Just as curiosity, I've just receive the message that everything is clean with FindFiles from Avast. It did the same with some of my files. For some of them I have told them that I can send them even the source code. In general, I'd say that Avast has been improved a lot. Some time ago it gave a false positive and that's all, but it seems that for somehow it has working.
The logic of the error is hidden among the most unexpected lines of the program

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2019, 08:05:24 PM »
Just as curiosity, I've just receive the message that everything is clean with FindFiles from Avast. It did the same with some of my files. For some of them I have told them that I can send them even the source code. In general, I'd say that Avast has been improved a lot. Some time ago it gave a false positive and that's all, but it seems that for somehow it has working.

Right. When programming in assembly, the executable will look slightly different from a standard C program. And that is suspicious, of course :badgrin:

Sometimes a pushad/popad sequence, something never used by a C/C++ compiler, will already trigger the heuristic scanner alarm. You can either fight with windmills, or, in case you don't sell your software to paying customers, you can simply ignore the warnings.

If you are unsure about the safety of an assembly program, you can send it to https://virusscan.jotti.org/ or https://www.virustotal.com/ and use the statistical approach, i.e. if more than 50% flag it as a virus, then it's probably a virus ;-)

Note there is also The MASM Forum » Projects » MASM32 » AV Software sh*t list sub-forum - a fine lecture for assembly programmers :mrgreen:

caballero

• Matrix - Noah
    • abre ojos ensamblador
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2019, 08:23:39 PM »
Yes, for some av is suspicious that any executable is under 100kb :greenclp:, in this sense tinyc used to raise many suspicions alerts in some av. Although, according to my experience, avast has improved a lot in this aspect, it has surprised me positively, although from time to time it keeps alerting with some false positive.

Well, my job is done, I've just deactivated every dead link for any executable in my site. That was the task of this ongoing program these days.
The logic of the error is hidden among the most unexpected lines of the program