Author Topic: different languages pros and cons???  (Read 732 times)

daydreamer

• watch Chebyshev on the backside of the Moon
Re: different languages pros and cons???
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2019, 09:52:30 PM »
I don't want to fight with anybody here, i totally respect your opinions. Personally, i think all high level languages sucks, the world would be better if everybody was programming in assembly... :biggrin:
use a time machine and go back when almost every game was made in assembly,when the assembly programmers was stars and everyone else was wannabee game programmers,so they tried to master ML and assembler,because BASIC was too slow
I think you love it :greenclp:
Quote from Flashdance
Nick  :  When you give up your dream, you die
*wears a flameproof asbestos suit*
Gone serverside programming p:  :D

daydreamer

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2019, 10:43:50 PM »
What you have to watch with a language like C# is how long it will be around. The folks who used Visual Basic learned the hard way when all the techniques they had learnt over the years became useless when Microsoft dumped the language and produced a crapheap VBnet. While languages like C have been around for a very long time and has a massive user base and every processor family has its own flavour of assembler, many of these boutique languages fall by the wayside. I inherited an old joke from a friend of mine back in the middle 1990s.

Q. What does a C programmer say to an ADA[tm] Programmer ?
A. I will have onions with my french fries please.
:badgrin:
its still C family member,which it has some similarities and looks similar to java
I like to use IDE like VS much lately and I have spread some different languages installations on several computers
its also good to know if a masm program runs well on older and slower cpu
its also good from time to time to backup masm folder and start with a fresh one without all old project files,so it doesnt get so cluttered up
Quote from Flashdance

AW

• Let's Make ASM Great Again!
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2019, 12:24:33 AM »
Only a little caution with C++ because friends have access to your private members (© Gavin Russell Baker)  :biggrin:

daydreamer

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2019, 04:08:05 AM »
Only a little caution with C++ because friends have access to your private members (© Gavin Russell Baker)  :biggrin:
:badgrin:
Quote from Flashdance