Author Topic: 64-layer flash memory chip goes into mass production in China  (Read 213 times)

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
64-layer flash memory chip goes into mass production in China
« on: September 20, 2019, 05:06:03 PM »
This looks like an interesting technology, massive very high speed storage of data that is persistent. We may yet see the end of HDDs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j3SeP180f4
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

Biterider

• ObjAsm32 + ObjAsm64 = ObjAsm
    • ObjAsm
Re: 64-layer flash memory chip goes into mass production in China
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 07:35:31 PM »
Hi
Very interesting technology. For sure it is the future of our data storage!

Biterider

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 02:51:41 AM »
That sounds like Ferrari stealing the plans for the T model Ford.  :wink2:
hutch at movsd dot com

daydreamer

• watch Chebyshev on the backside of the Moon
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 02:29:55 AM »
good when it comes also is the older drives comes down in price
I dont think I go back to old hdd's with movable parts after installed flash drive and bought the biggest usb drives for backup
Quote from Flashdance
Nick  :  When you give up your dream, you die
*wears a flameproof asbestos suit*
what cpu handle "press any key"? any cpu of course(from C#) :D

mikeburr

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2019, 05:50:39 AM »
@Hutch
same technology about 3 years earlier ....hardly Ferrari and Ford ... just abuse of copyright .. mind you the Americans used to do it to our products in the 50's ,60'sand 70's when we had a decent industrial base, as had first hand experience of this .. then they delayed the import of products until they had something in the pipeline and i daresay here in the UK we did the same thing at times
regards mike b

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2019, 08:00:13 AM »
Mike,

If you were ever a fan of Star Trek, Chekov was always portrayed as claiming that every thing was originally designed in Russia. I buy a lot of stuff directly from China through Banggood, eBay and a few others and I am still fascinated with how massive their range of products happens to be. I have no doubt that they are heavy handed in their trading habits but then so is everyone else. As an Australian, buying from China is part of balancing trade with them as they buy big from Australia.

I tend to see the claims made by the current US administration in much the same light as Chekov in Star Trek. Effectively trying to cover up their dependence on Chinese manufacturing to the American public by blaming the Chinese for the theft of intellectual property where in fact companies like Huawei are some years ahead of US manufacturers. The real culprit here is the US Corporate sector that abandoned US workers to get third world labour costs for their manufacturing. Its only people my age that own American made tools, Lincoln, Crescent, Wiss, B&S etc... I also own heirloom English tools like Moore and Wright and a range of others.
hutch at movsd dot com

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2019, 07:58:37 AM »
I tend to see the claims made by the current US administration in much the same light as Chekov in Star Trek. Effectively trying to cover up their dependence on Chinese manufacturing to the American public by blaming the Chinese for the theft of intellectual property where in fact companies like Huawei are some years ahead of US manufacturers. The real culprit here is the US Corporate sector that abandoned US workers to get third world labour costs for their manufacturing. Its only people my age that own American made tools, Lincoln, Crescent, Wiss, B&S etc... I also own heirloom English tools like Moore and Wright and a range of others.
I'd go with that ;)
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

mikeburr

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2019, 11:43:22 PM »
Hutch
thats odd as i can only find one patent by a chinese company only vaguely related .. contributing patents number a few from Germany some from America and some from Japan
but lets assume nothing of note from your friends in China ... now it may also have escaped your notice that the Russians were responsible for developing quite a lot of the mechanical technology we use today and can justifiably claim to have contributed to such things as diverse as the jet engine and the television so probably when Star Trek was made [?]  this may have had been a little bit more relevant than an American centric TV production team might have you believe .. after all TV was propoganda at this time [if it isnt still and it would seem that you some how got caught up in this]
ps ... i did have a "Russian wife " at one time who told me some very funny things about  Russian development of technology  and i dont for one moment suppose that the Russians Chinese Americans or anyone else trying to get a manufacturing edge who feels that by stealing someone elses ideas they can get an edge wont do so
regards mikeb