Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Iczelion's Tutorials in masm32 SDK

Started by Mikl__, October 19, 2019, 06:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikl__

Hi, hutch--!
Why Iczelion's Tutorials are only in masm32 SDK ver.8 (earlier versions of masm32 did not come across to me). And why aren't Iczelion's Tutorials in newer versions (9, 10 etc.) of masm32 SDK? Was the author prohibited to distribute?

hutch--

They were technically too old and had too many problems to fix. They came from when Win32 assembler was at its beginning and much was not known. I did fix bits of them but they are best left as heirlooms from when the world was young. I had Iczelion's permission to both modify and distribute the tutorials so it was never a matter of anything being prohibited.

Vortex

Hi Mik,

You can check Hutch's site concerning the tutorials of Iczelion :

https://www.masm32.com/icz.htm

daydreamer

Quote from: hutch-- on October 19, 2019, 09:44:09 PM
They were technically too old and had too many problems to fix. They came from when Win32 assembler was at its beginning and much was not known. I did fix bits of them but they are best left as heirlooms from when the world was young. I had Iczelion's permission to both modify and distribute the tutorials so it was never a matter of anything being prohibited.
too much of win95/98 legacy code?so in win10,you might endup with a program that needs to be run in compability mode?or bugs related to this?
I want to hail Iczhelion and all who worked on tutorials and winapi sdk,thank you for make it possible to continue code asm,in an era of people convincing me of abandone my asm passion,because HLL compilers become so much better :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

Mikl__

Hi, hutch--!
Thank you for the clarifications!
Hi, Vortex!
Thanks for the link!

Mikl__

Is the assembler guru probably a big fan of this cartoon? Or is it just a coincidence of the nickname and the name of the cartoon?
QuoteKai Nagisa was a typical high school girl who dreamt of being a pro-wrestler...right up to the moment that she ran into the sentient armor suit Iczel, who chose her to be one of the defenders of Earth ... an Iczelion. With the help of the other Iczelion warrior girls, she must find the courage to save Earth from the menace of Chaos and Cross, android beings from deep space, who would destroy Earth just for sheer sport if the Iczer Girls weren't in the way. Can Nagisa and the Iczelions succeed in protecting their planet? (And why does "Nagisa and the Iczelions" sound like the name of a rock group?)

Iczelion (戦ー少女 イクセリオン Ikuzā Gāru Ikuzerion) is a 2-episode sci-fi anime OVA series with a female cast, released in 1995. It was created by Toshihiro Hirano, director of the original Fight! Iczer One and Iczer Reborn series. AIC and KSS were the animation production companies in charge of Iczelion. The series was licensed by in North America in August 1995 by ADV Films.
Unlike its predecessor, Iczelion did not feature female-female intimacy. Although the series hinted at a possible continuation, none was ever written or created. The story seems to take place in an alternate timeline from Iczer-One and Iczer Reborn because of its placement in modern-day and with a seemingly different Nagisa.
Iczelion was also made into a radio drama series, released as three drama CDs. The radio drama served as a bridge between Iczer-3 and Iczelion, as characters from the Iczer-3 OVA series were featured in it, including Nagisa Kasumi, who became the title Iczelion instead of the OVA's Nagisa Kai. Iczel was also sent to earth by Iczer-3 in the radio drama.

hutch--

It was common back in the 1990s to use nick names. He chose an anime character as his. One favour, not too many large images as it uses up server space for no useful purpose.