Author Topic: Registration nightmare  (Read 193 times)

mazegen

Registration nightmare
« on: January 03, 2020, 06:11:32 AM »
I've been a member of this forum for long time in the old days. Glad to see this place is still alive!

My account disappeared and I had to register again. I just wanted to say the registration is so hard now. I'm used to Captchas but I took so many attempts to type it right. I gave it up many times in the past months. I wonder how many people never pass...

InfiniteLoop

Re: Registration nightmare
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 10:45:15 PM »
The bots are better at solving captchas than humans.

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 11:57:58 PM »
I wish that is was different but with bots, spammers and the like, it has to be this way. I endlessly clean up what comes into the forum so it does not get filled with crap.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

JonasS

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 05:56:00 PM »
Bots always learn how to pass through, it requires a full time administrator for vigilance and cleaning.
reCaptcha is the most effective because it relies on Google knowledge about the user. It is based on existing cookies for known activities like using Gmail. If the user is known, it is enough to click a simple box. If not, they have to solve a number of difficult puzzles for bots and humans as well.

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 08:13:08 PM »
Google is taking over the World. I don't know whether that's good or bad but it's a fact.